Problem With Modify Relationship Sims 4 Cheat

by RetroSoulGirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem With Modify Relationship Sims 4 Cheat

★★ Novice

Hello, I need help with a cheat on the Sims 4! First of all, I don't have any expansion packs, only the base game.
I'm trying to use the Modify Relationship cheat. This is the modifyrelationship firstname lastname targetfirstname targetlastname number LTR_friendship_main cheat. There's a problem with this cheat that does not address sims with a space in their first name. When I use the cheat on any sim with a single word first name, the cheat works. But I have two sims with spaces in their first name, and this throws the cheat off and it doesn't work. I tried deleting the space between their name but it doesn't work, and I tried deleting both halves of their first name and it still doesn't work. I've also tried all sorts of number values from 0-100 with no luck. For example, I'll use the name Billy Bob Joe, with Billy Bob being a first name and Joe being the last for the target sim's name.

modifyrelationship sam newbie billy bob joe 100 LTR_friendship_main Doesn't work

modifyrelationship sam newbie billybob joe 100 LTR_friendship_main Doesn't work

modifyrelationship sam newbie billy joe 100 LTR_friendship_main Doesn't work

modifyrelationship sam newbie joe 100 LTR_friendship_main Doesn't work

I've tried all of these methods and I can't get it to work. The cheat works absolutely fine on sims with no spaces in their names. Can someone help?

Message 1 of 4 (16,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem With Modify Relationship Sims 4 Cheat

★★★★ Guide

You will have to change your sims name to BillyBob in CAS, then use the second cheat. This cheat will physically not work in ANY WAY while the sim actually has "three" names.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (16,296 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

You will have to change your sims name to BillyBob in CAS, then use the second cheat. This cheat will physically not work in ANY WAY while the sim actually has "three" names.

Message 2 of 4 (16,297 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RetroSoulGirl 
A while back there were cheats that were disabled to avoid issues in the game.
I do not have an exact list but recall that relationship codes may have been on that list.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 4 (16,245 Views)

★★ Novice
@Coley666 This worked. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4 (16,201 Views)