Betreff: Prices of lots in Briny Heights

by DBrick01

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
When the game first came out, I set timers so that I would log onto the game every 42 minutes (the amount of time it takes me to finish a quick career/hobby action with all of the bonus traits and items).  At night before bed, I would set my sims to do the long events for daily tasks (which is no longer a thing) and any extra sims to long career/hobby events.  I also religiously attended 2 level 10 parties a day and hosted one a week.  Once you are not spending money on land, it grows quickly.  It took me almost a year to get my first million simoleons, but only a few months each to get the second and third million.  

Although since then, they have updated and revised contests, goals, daily challenges, and events.  The current Sweet Treat events require more simoleon spending than the events they replaced.  Also, when they switched to color swatches being individual purchases, it also increased simoleon spending.

Anyway, these days I usually log in twice a day, 42 minutes apart, to complete the llama zoom task set.  The second time I set my sims to do a long and three standard events so that I can log on the next day, complete those, start everyone on short tasks, log on 42 minutes later and complete the llama zoom.

My friends and I used to coordinate parties (there is a huge thread here where we coordinated parties) and we would spend the first 30-45 minutes of each party enjoying the party chat together while we leveled it up to level 10.  Somewhere along the way, I triggered the alien bug so that my friends and I can no longer see each other's parties.  That is when I lost my enthusiasm for the game and started logging in only enough to do llama zoom.  

But, to answer your question.... I used to do that, sort of, not 4 sims once a day, but 4 sims 20-25 times a day.  (which is 11200 simoleons a day -- 112 per short event x4 x25 -- which does not include the extra simoleons from the long events overnight or the rewards from finishing daily tasks (now replaced by llama zoom).  You can do it even faster if you stay logged on and help by doing actions.

Also note, if you have any trait bonuses or career/hobby item bonuses that reduce your time, short career/hobby events are much more productive than long ones because of the way the discount works.  I can get 112 simoleons for 42 minutes (quick) or 450 simoleons for over 5 hours (long).

@DBrick01 wrote:

To get 40,000 simoleons, your Sims will have to complete 88 long events (about a month if you have four Sims go to work at least once a day).

To get 500,000 simoleons, your Sims will have to complete 1,111 simoleons (about 40 weeks if you have 4 Sims go to work once a day)

Who does that?

I will try to log in once a day to keep them working.😁

Message 21 of 31 (820 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BlueWizardRob 

I am going to take it slow and easy.

I think I can wait a year to get a new plot or plots of land.

The fact that you had a million simoleons is impressive.

The most I have accumulated at one time might be 50,000 or whatever the last plot of land cost.

As I write this, I am seriously wondering why I need more land.

How does that work?

I move out a player. Do I still control that player?

Do I get more than 4 Sims to control?

I am slowly rethinking why I need more land.

I need to read more about this.

Message 22 of 31 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Back when I earned the millions of simoleons, there were no extra plots available.  I had been earning over 11k a day and spending it on clearing my original lot.  Once the lot was clear, I started having money, mostly because I was earning the same but wasn't spending it on land anymore.

Yes, if you get extra lots, you get extra sims.  I understand that each lot can hold 12 sims (4 playable and 8 others)
Another bonus to having extra land is that you can move some of the bonus items out of your main house into one of the other houses and all houses still get the bonus.  (For example, you can move the lamp, dresser or bathrobe to the new house and both houses get the bonus.). This helps if your main house is getting crowded with items and you want to make room for more 75 point party items but don't want to lose the bonus by putting bonus items into storage.  Holding bonus items is really the main way I use my extra house.  (I have 1 extra house and am in the process of clearing land in the new bigger lot).

The nice thing about this game is that you can work it as quickly or as slowly as you want and still have fun.  You won't miss out just because you take it more slowly.  You can also do it without any real money, or you can spend a little money if you want to.  I usually get an iTunes gift card for my birthday and have, for the last 3 years spent it on extras for this game, but mostly I play without any real money.

@DBrick01 wrote:

@BlueWizardRob 

I am going to take it slow and easy.

I think I can wait a year to get a new plot or plots of land.

The fact that you had a million simoleons is impressive.

The most I have accumulated at one time might be 50,000 or whatever the last plot of land cost.

As I write this, I am seriously wondering why I need more land.

How does that work?

I move out a player. Do I still control that player?

Do I get more than 4 Sims to control?

I am slowly rethinking why I need more land.

I need to read more about this.

Message 23 of 31 (806 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@BlueWizardRob 

Thank you!

I have two families living in the same house so it is getting crowded.

Moving the secondary family out would be nice. 

Like the idea about the bonus items.

Message 24 of 31 (774 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Grinding. It’s all about grinding for hours on end. After a while that’s no longer fun. 

Message 25 of 31 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Feedpack / Prices of Lots:

I am feeling like a slave now in game..building the pyramide...

Not a good feeling ... i do play it to chill from work and so on...not for to get stressed.

Sorry ..still playing but i had to say it.....not nice at all.

Maybe we need a gold donkey or we are the gold donkeys ? Good question ....right?

We need playerfriendly prices in game and also in the shop !

Thanks again  Phantomlover for all the informations..i really appreciate it. 😊💕💖

Message 26 of 31 (681 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am a numbers girl. I like to know up front the total cost, especially since I am not spending real cash. 

Your 2nd home

40,000 (lot)

295,500 to clear the whole lot

267 llamas to clear the whole lot (means 267 times you have to complete llama zoom)

30,250 to buy 10 rooms

31 llamas for 10 rooms

Your 3rd home

Everything says the same except the lot goes up to 

If limiting self to 10 rooms. 

And so on.

I may have enough furniture in storage to decorate 1st home. Not a 2nd or 3rd home. Especially not enough lights or windows or paintings or furniture I really like. 

More simoleons.

More simoleons.

More simoleons.

Goal: Delay gratification

Step 1: Buy 2nd home. However you cannot get the home until you have all the simoleons you need to purchase first lot, clear all land you want, and buy all the rooms you want, and the furniture you need.

2nd step: check storage to see what you got that you want in 2nd home.

3rd step: price out the furniture you need.

4th step: Price out the total you will need to buy lot, clear land, buy room, and decorate home.

5th step: Send your Sims to work.

6th step: Let Sims have some fun while working. Don't want them to become dull.

Message 27 of 31 (657 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 

I might have overlooked this but how many rooms do you get when you purchase another lot?

We do get a house right, similar to 1st lot?

Message 28 of 31 (589 Views)

@DBrick01 no, you don't get a pre-build house. There are less weeds to clear on the lots, but the prizes for new rooms are a little different, you can find them over here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/The-prices-of-rooms-amp-shapes/m-p/8473265#M22...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 29 of 31 (581 Views)

Re: Prices of lots in Briny Heights

Hero

How many land expansions are needed on the Landgraab lot? Is it 20 or more? 

Getting closer to achieving my Simoleon goal to buy the Landgraab lot... and trying to estimate all the costs to clear and build the lot 🤭 It is really ridiculously extremely astronomically expensive 😅😆

(Looking forward to a camping related event, so my sims could just live in a tent on the lot ⛺️ )

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 30 of 31 (457 Views)