Price changes

by LilyNath

Original Post

Price changes

★★★ Novice

The recent price changes of The Sims 4 games in Canada and other countries (http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/16/origin-has-changed-prices-for-the-sims-4-packs-in-multiple-coun...) is serious abuse of our love for the franchise.

FOR CANADIANS:

• Game Packs: 19.99$ > 25.99$
  • Expansion Packs: 39.99$ > 51.99$
  • Stuff Packs: 9.99$ > 12.99$

12$ more plus taxes on an EP??! As a disabled person, it's so hard already getting money just for the Expansion Packs normally, but now it will become impossible to justify with taxes. I'm sure it will be the same for a lot of poor people, students, struggling parents, etc. 

As much as Sims is one of the only I can do at home now because of my health, that's the end of adding things on Sims for me I think... so disappointed by how EA treats its customers, we already don't get enough content per packs compared to Sims 3 and now this Frown

Message 1 of 10 (3,097 Views)

Re: Price changes

★★★ Newbie

i have just noticed that too that it suck i was willing to pay 40$ for a expansion not 52$

Message 2 of 10 (3,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here Frown

Message 3 of 10 (3,067 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LilyNath

Well, the link above has some good explanations. It's unfair to not change the prices in some countries when the economy changes. Where I live the rate has not changed, and I pay 15,3 CAD (according to today's rate). Then I guess I live in a richer country, but I'm a student so I understand your economical struggle. But I also only buy The Sims when there's a sale somewhere, I always compare prices online and try to buy the games in bundles if possible Standard smile

In US they're like 12,5 CAD, and I might be wrong but I thought Canada as a whole was wealthier than the US, so I guess that's why the rates changed, to compensate so the US players don't have to pay more.

Message 4 of 10 (3,051 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki

The price here increased with 4.00 DKR. But that just meant that I now pay the same as you where before it was slightly less.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 10 (3,040 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jpkarlsen
You had it cheaper than us? (just like beer) :O I don't even wanna think about the price in Norway haha!
They prices on stuff packs and game packs actually stayed the same for us, only increased the expansion packs with 50 SEK, or 30, unsure. The C&D-pack already had the more expensive price, now they're all the same Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (3,030 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki

Fortunately I preordered C&D before prices went up.:eahigh_file:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 10 (3,020 Views)

Anyone but me notice the price raise?

★★★ Newbie

Did EA announce they were doing this somewhere? is it everyone ? Did they not learn there lesson with battlefront and price gouging. Does no one wanna raise a stink but me?

Message 8 of 10 (2,990 Views)

Re: Anyone but me notice the price raise?

Champion (Retired)

@bluesamurai4

There was a discussion here : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Price-changes/m-p/6577877

Also to clarify, they didn't really raise the price, they just evened out the price to the American market (which is the Original one), so that all players play the same price. Or rather, so that they pay a price in accordance to their country's economy. I live in a country with good economy (Sweden) so I pay more, so that people who live in countries with poorer economy then us can get the games cheaper.

They came out with this info a few days before the raise.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-extra-content-price-changes/

I've yet to find a country where the games (at least expansion packs) are more expensive than here (I used my VPN to check a lot after the raise, for fun. Norway, AUS, Switzerland, UK, Hong Kong etc), but I don't feel like raising a stink. It's nothing strange, it's world economy. EA is not really getting more money in the end.

Message 9 of 10 (2,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here in the Philippines its like 54 US dollars. I just hope price changes in accordance to country. Because steam does it. 

Message 10 of 10 (2,139 Views)