Re: Price Difference on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

by SamanthieRosi

Original Post

Price Difference on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

★★★★ Pro

I was wondering if there is an explanation as to why the price of the latest Game Pack (Star Wars: Journey to Batuu) is more expensive than other Game Packs in Canada (Cdn$29.99 vs Cdn$25.99)? This is not consistent with the pricing in the States where all Game Packs continue to be US$19.99.  Also, the current US / Cdn exchange rate is more in line with the Cdn$25.99 price versus the new price.

I have seen others indicated there are price differences between the latest game pack and other game packs in some other countries too.  Some responses can be found on this tweet by Sims Community asking about this price difference: 

https://twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/1303292661860892672

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MapleSimmer Just so you know, it's not only origin. I loaded up the Sims on my PC and clicked the pack in-game and it is also $29.99 there (while the other games are $25.99.
Message 2 of 4 (326 Views)

★ Apprentice

It could be the Disney branding that has the price higher than usual. 

Message 3 of 4 (300 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there!

Understandably, this might have caused some confusion but after double-checking, I can confirm that the price difference you're seeing is correct. 

Although I get that this seems like a topic open to speculation, let's steer clear from that - should I be able to get more info on this, I'll let you know. Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)