Pregnant sims not given hospital option

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pregnant sims not given hospital option

★★★★★ Guide

I’m trying my hand at a generation challenge so I’m starting with a completely new Sims 4 folder. For some reason, and this has not happened to me before, but my sims did not get the option to go the hospital to give birth. Any reason why? I’ve been saving my file as a “save as” could this be causing issues? I have no other saves with exception to this one. I only have some CC content installed but I’ve had it installed before and was able to go to the hospital to give birth. 

Message 1 of 6 (10,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pregnant sims not given hospital option

Champion (Retired)

There is no automatic popup you must click the pregnant sim and select it there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (9,992 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Two kids and still no option to go to the hospital to give birth. I then removed my sims 4 file to generate a new game. Didn’t add any custom content or change game settings at all. Picked the Landrabbs got Nancy pregnant and still no option to go to the hospital to give birth. Did I miss an update where this is no longer an option? Do sims just stop going to the hospital now? 

Message 2 of 6 (10,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You need to have gotten a message that your Sim is in labor before there will be an option when clicking on her to have baby at the hospital. If I recall correctly you need to do this within 30 minutes (sim time) or the birth will happen at home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (10,003 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen I get a notification that my sim is in labor, which should generate the pop-up to either join them at the hospital or send them alone. This option is no longer generating. My sim just continues on with her daily on goings and is uncomfortable for three hours then the baby is just there with a bassinet. 

Message 4 of 6 (9,999 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There is no automatic popup you must click the pregnant sim and select it there.

Message 5 of 6 (9,993 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen OMG! If that’s what it is I’m going to 1. Feel really stupid but 2. I don’t remember having to do that before but I’ve only played with kids a handful of times. My sims are usually single, don’t age, and have no kids. I’m trying again. I’ll let you know if that works. 

Message 6 of 6 (9,977 Views)