Re: Power keeps shutting off and won't cut back on

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

★★ Novice

having the same issues, thanks for sharing these tips. 

They're working for a little while but then it goes back to the glitch. we're you able to fix yours eventually?

Message 21 of 33 (1,839 Views)

★★ Guide
@invisebledork for the landgrab thing, I moved and it seemed to resolve that.
After that, I clicked that I was prepared and gotten the response that it was just and test.
Have not seen an active report on this, so I doubt it is getting much attention from the bug team
Message 22 of 33 (1,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me, it started after a call from the Landgraabs. It fixes itself every time I close the game but eventually I lose power again, almost every time after I leave the lot. It is super annoying.

Message 23 of 33 (1,786 Views)

★★★ Expert

Apparently this is still a bug in February 2021. It just happened in my game yesterday. The power was shut off for a squirrel problem & my Sim got an 8-hour tense moodlet. I had to save and quit before the 8 hours were up. The next time I started playing I immediately got a Last Exception error and the power was back on again; however, any time my Sim travels to a different lot and returns home the power is off and it doesn't come back on no matter how long I wait. If I go to the World Edit menu and then back to Live mode the power is back on but the bug repeats itself every time my Sim travels to a different lot and returns home again. I finally gave up and reloaded a back-up save. The next time I got the notice from the utility company asking if my Sim was prepared I selected the "Of course!" option and they did not shut off the power, in fact they even gave my Sim a discount on her next utility bill.

As a test I was going to try saving the lot to My Library and replacing the house to see if this cleared the bug but I am recovering from Covid irl and I was too tired to try it before I gave up. (I am feeling much better today!)

I have all NPC voting for NAPs disabled in my game options and there are no active NAPs in any of my worlds. My Sim's utility bill was fully paid up prior to this event.

Btw, I have clicked the Me Too button on post #1

Message 24 of 33 (1,579 Views)

★★★ Novice

Really EA Games! 

This has been going on since the release of ECO LIVING! of JULY LAST YEAR!

People pay for your bugged up products and you do NOTHING TO FIX IT!

Message 25 of 33 (1,503 Views)

★★ Novice

I got a last exeption and it litterally said to just buy an new mailbox, so far it worked, i was so annoyed since my sims where in uni as well and needed power for the computer or their phones, the solution was so simple al this time

Message 26 of 33 (1,500 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem.  I got a call from a Landgraab that said something about squirrel repair, I clicked the "Prepared?" option, and the power cut off. I got the original 8 hour moodlet, which has expired.

Now, the power cuts off sporadically, with no moodlet or notice. The mouseover on the lights says it is because of the Landgraab's.  This happened at the original lot, we moved to another house and it happened again, then we moved to an apartment, and it has happened again. 

I am on generation 13 and I really don't want to give up this save, nor do I want every new house I build to be off the grid (it limits roof styles to make them flat enough for the rooftop power generators from Eco Lifestyle)

Message 27 of 33 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same problem. It raises an exception with the Mailbox and it says that that the error is because Reason is set to "NO REASON" which probably means the Landgrab squirrel issue is messed up in programming during a save or something. I'm going to try buying a new mailbox like someone else suggested.

Message 28 of 33 (1,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually, just went into Build mode and sold my mailbox... Power went back on immediately, lol. Guess the mailbox is the issue.

Message 29 of 33 (1,227 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Undeadlordbanana Thank you for sharing this! I hade the same issue, i tried this and it worked. Thank you sm x
Message 30 of 33 (1,151 Views)