Re: Power keeps shutting off and won't cut back on

by zensluv4real

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I don't remember seeing the Power Conservation ever enacted. Maybe it was when my lights first turned off the very first time when I got that warning from the landgraabs, but that doesn't explain why it's happening now. I just took this screenshot today. At the moment the lights actually were on, but only because I just started the game back up. I went back to work, after I took that screenshot, and the lights were off with no indication from the game as to why @jpkarlsen

Message 11 of 33 (3,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also, it is not just my apartment; my neighbors' apartment also has no power. Here is a screenshot that says that the Landgrabs are responsible. It has to be a glitch, a really bad one that doesn't allow me to use a lot of my household items. 

Message 12 of 33 (3,621 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jazibabez1415 

Another thing that would cause the power to go off is if you forget to pay the bill but then after a couple days the Repo man would come by to take some of your things to pay for the bill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 33 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thats a normal function. its the result of a NAP being active that is in favor of saving power. this means one day a week your power is turned off and in return landgrabba compensates you with a cheaper electric bill. to prevent this from happening either repeal the NAP with 5 signatures or install your own power supply via generators, wind turbines and or solar panels.

Message 14 of 33 (3,532 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think people are understanding that it does not have anything to do with Eco or paying the bills. The same thing is currently happening to me ! My bills are paid and I do not have that Power conservation thing. The landgraabs turned off my power after saying a squirrel messed up everything and asked if I was prepared I clicked "prepared?" and then my lights went off and has been going off and on ever since. I even put solar panels on top of my house and that doesn't even work. So I definitely think it's a glitch in the game and I play on PS4. 

Message 15 of 33 (3,474 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.  Never had any mods.

Message 16 of 33 (3,415 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AyeRae92 

Look at your bill to see if the power you are generating is enough to cover your use. Upgrade things to be energy efficient to help with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 33 (3,399 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for clarifying to people!  I have the same problem. It does not seem to have to do with paying bills or the NAPs.

For me it started with the phone call from Landgrab asking if I was prepared, and I selected "Prepared?"

Then the power was cut off immediately. My Sim lives in an apartment in Green Harbor. It did not come back on after several Sims days. I knew something was weird and found a thread on Reddit mentioned try exiting the game and restarting, and that worked. I played normal for a while. Then a couple days later, today, I'm playing again my same household. My Sim wakes up and the power is cut out again, due to Landgrab (as another simmer posted a screenshot, you can see this in the pop-up menu when you try to do something that requires power). 

I agree, I think there is a bug or something. It'd be good to understand what triggers the landgrab power cut offs. I'm mean, how many "squirrels" can they have?

Message 18 of 33 (3,306 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, this is a bug/glitch when the Landgrab power is always shut off. For me it happens at an apartment in Green Harbor. I haven't found a permanent fix, and still figuring out what triggers it (maybe has to do with leaving the lot), but here are some things to try, that temporarily at least, worked for me:

1. Go to Manage Worlds and then back to household. 

2. Try moving out Sim and moving them back in. 

3. Save and exit game, and then start again. 

Each of these worked for me but only temporarily. I don't know if one works better or for longer. I'm going to permanently move my Sim out of the apartment soon though.

Message 19 of 33 (3,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me now too.  Is there a fix for it that doesn't involve ECO?   Power Conversation is not enacted AND I have turbine and solar panels just in case.

This is driving me crazy because my Sim is losing his fame.  He can't post updates etc.

Message 20 of 33 (3,094 Views)