Power keeps shutting off and won't cut back on

by jazibabez1415

Original Post

Highlighted

Power keeps shutting off and won't cut back on

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so yes I have mods, but I disabled them and it still happened. My power cut off when I left the house to go to work. There was no warning whatsoever. I just remember the first time it happened was when the Landgraabs said they would cut them off and asked if i was ready or not. Since then, my power has just been getting cut off without the landgraab warning everytime I leave the house and come back. Is this a glitch in the game, because it's really annoying to be unable to use a lot of stuff in my apartment? I am not sure what else to do. I tried repairing the game in origin; that didn't do anything either. I have looked at other forums and it has been happening to them too, but so far it has not been solved. I am not using a mac. I'm using windows, hp envy computer.

Message 1 of 33 (13,037 Views)

Re: Power keeps shutting off and won't cut back on

★★★★ Novice

This on the sims 4 btw...

Message 2 of 33 (12,998 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jazibabez1415 

You have the power saving NAP enabled which means that one day a week the power will go out. Either repeal this or install wind turbines and/or solar panels.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 33 (12,970 Views)

Eco Lifestyle - No Power on Thursdays

★★★★★ Apprentice

Using the Eco Lifestyle extension pack. Every Thursday my apartment loses power. No lights will switch on and the whole place remains in darkness until 9pm. Is there a way to disable this without deleting the expansion pack, so I can have my apartment lit up again?

Message 4 of 33 (12,994 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle - No Power on Thursdays

Champion (Retired)

@SophieBxnks 

You can repeal the NAP that does this. In an apartment you can't really setup wind turbines and solar panels so that is your only option. I advice that you check the description of the various NAPs to see what they actually do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 33 (12,986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen Thank you, what NAP would you recommend?

Message 6 of 33 (12,976 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SophieBxnks 

I would recommend those NAPs you find beneficial for your play style. In an apartment some of them don't make sense such as green gardening.

Message 7 of 33 (12,953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have the power-saving NAP in affect. I'll attach the NAPs that are. The Eco-Friendly appliances NAP doesn't say anything about cutting off the power if you don't adhere to certain power usages either. I did repeal the eco-friendly appliances one just to see if that is the issue. However, it doesn't say anything about cutting off the power in its description. 

Message 8 of 33 (12,940 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 33 (12,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jazibabez1415 

You do not have Power Conservation enacted. Did you have it enacted at some point? Just to make sure these are the enacted NAPS in your neighborhood? Each neighborhood have their own set of NAPs if NPC voting is enabled (default).

Message 10 of 33 (12,904 Views)