Re: Potion of rejuvenation with the exact opposite result

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Potion of rejuvenation with the exact opposite result

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

I've recently had a witch sim drink a potion of rejuvenation, and instead of resetting her current age, it did the opposite and it filled the entire age bar so the next day she went from young adult to adult! Is it possible for this potion to have the opposite effect if, for example, her magical energy was too high? She did not make the potion BTW, it was given to her when she learned it so I'm sure the potion was OK.

Thank you for helping me!

Message 1 of 6 (3,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@LaSofanik  Each of the potions and a bad side and will do the unexpected. This is especially true if the quality is normal or poor quality.
Fun fact: Using the Repair spell on a potion will increase the quality.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,682 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@LaSofanik  Each of the potions and a bad side and will do the unexpected. This is especially true if the quality is normal or poor quality.
Fun fact: Using the Repair spell on a potion will increase the quality.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 6 (3,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nice tip! I'll try it next time just to make sure the potion doesn't backfire again Disappointed hahaha thank you so much! I was afraid it might be a bug or something

Message 3 of 6 (3,674 Views)

Champion

@LaSofanik, if you ever want to use a powerful potion like that again, I would save your game before having your Sim drink it, that way if it backfires, you can go back to before you drank it ! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (3,640 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah so like someone already said it can fail - no matter what quality it is 🤦🏼‍♀️

I do the 'repairo' spell followed by the 'copypasto' spell (I do this until my sim is close to overcharge, so I have quite a few 'excellent' potions) - be aware that spells can fail too!

So this way ^ (unless your really unlucky & your 1st spells fail) if the 1st potion fails chances are the 2nd one wont & you have spare to sell or use at a later date 😉

Message 5 of 6 (3,212 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@oXo_WiCkEd_XoX I don't bother with all that. I just make sure I have one decent quality potion of each one. Put it on a shelf.

Then whenever I want one, I just copypasto it and all done!

I did the same thing with the scientist career. Create one of every "tested" serum, put them all on a shelf, then just use the cloning machine any time I wanted one.
Message 6 of 6 (3,193 Views)