Potential Roommates Never Show Up

by angeloears

Original Post

Re: Potential Roommates Never Show Up

Champion

@PenguinFoop I hope it goes well. I never did play the dorms, but I read and watched a lot about them. I chose to do my tests of roommates and students/DU via a commuter household of 7-8 Sims, a butler and 2-3 roommates (varied). It was its own kind of chaos and for a number of reasons the hardest household play I've done, but a great challenge, and I learned a lot. I may yet do a dorm Sim, we'll see. Wink. I hope your experience goes well and is fun. I look forward to hearing more.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 31 of 34 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SheriGR wrote:

@PenguinFoop I hope it goes well. I never did play the dorms, but I read and watched a lot about them. I chose to do my tests of roommates and students/DU via a commuter household of 7-8 Sims, a butler and 2-3 roommates (varied). It was its own kind of chaos and for a number of reasons the hardest household play I've done, but a great challenge, and I learned a lot. I may yet do a dorm Sim, we'll see. Wink. I hope your experience goes well and is fun. I look forward to hearing more.

That sounds like fun chaos.  Standard smile  As for my game, I've noticed that in each dorm and in the off-campus house, there is also a dresser of some sort for each sim.  I set that up in a new house as well as the extra beds and now I have potential roommates coming all of the time.  They come, they join, they leave, they repeat.  lol  

So excluding my room.  The roommates' room has 2 beds, 2 dressers  and 2 nightstands. I don't know if that made the difference or not but now I'm getting them every time I place a new ad.  And I have 2 roomies.  

As for the leaving part, that's no big deal to me because I sort of like the rotation of roomies.  I only mentioned it to point out that I always have potentials as soon as I place a new ad now.

Message 32 of 34 (751 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hanmariemay Same issue. I can send people home but the lot is empty and no potential roommates are there.
Message 33 of 34 (577 Views)

Champion

@BluRhose When you say the lot is empty, do you mean that there is no home on the lot? If so, please read the above comments... you do need to have the accommodations on the lot and in their assigned bed/room that the roommate will need to live there comfortably plus to fill all of their needs.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 34 of 34 (567 Views)