Re: Posters Not Spawning At Festivals

by A937113

Original Post

Champion

@wildirishbanshee@crinrict , and @RandomBuzziness , I never get snowglobe boxes at festivals anymore, only when there isn't a festival going on! Raised eyebrow Posters are hit or miss at festivals.  sometimes I get them , but often I don't.  Still, posters are easier to get than the boxes that spawn snowglobes. Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 19 (725 Views)

★ Guide

I just realized that these boxes are even possible. I have never seen one in my game and I've been playing for years... I never played a family that lived in SM, but that shouldn't matter, right? 

Message 12 of 19 (672 Views)

★★★ Expert

@A937113 Actually when it comes to collecting those snow-globes I think it makes a big difference if you are just visiting San Myshuno vs. living there. From what I've seen in my game the posters and the snow-globe boxes take some time to spawn if you are just visiting San Myshuno. So if you travel there you can probably find posters after a short time but the snow-globe boxes do not seem to spawn as often so you might not see any of those during a visit.

If you have a Sim living in San Myshuno, then you should see somewhere from one to three of the snow-globe boxes spawn every morning, depending on the neighborhood. The Spice Market neighborhood seems especially good for collecting snow globes-- I can usually find three of them there every day and I've been able to complete the entire collection in less than one Sim week while living there.

Message 13 of 19 (643 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The boxes spawn the snow globs, that you can by at each festival lot there are a few that can only be collected from the boxes though.  Even though you can find them periodically from the festival sales tables.

The posters don't spawn at the festival they spawn daily on the electrical boxes and some public bathrooms.  Click the sticker thing on the back of the electrical box or public bathroom and I twill say collect posters.  They are not on the main item itself the imprint to get the poster is quite small look for a white sticker on the electrical box or public bathrooms. 

Message 14 of 19 (621 Views)

Champion

@A937113, I completely agree with @RandomBuzzinessStandard smile I will always find more snowglobe boxes when I have Sims living in San Myshuno!  Posters as well, but since I find the snowglobes harder to get, I'm more concerned about them than the posters. Angel

Message 15 of 19 (601 Views)

★ Guide

I always have big family's, so living in flats is just not it for me. But maybe I just have to do it once. I completed most of the collections and just wanted to work on the posters and snowglobes now and it's hard! 

Also just thought of this: I spend two whole days at a flea market and couldn't go through any of the trashcans even once. It always said that noone threw anything away. That's also not right, is it? 

Message 16 of 19 (580 Views)

Champion

@A937113, I haven't tried to go through the trash at a festival since the Eco Lifestyle.  I did go to one festival, but only to take advantage of the "Night on the Town" minor holiday (the Seasons EP) so my Sims could get free food and Aspirations points!   
There not being trash at the festivals could be an oversight.  Wondering

Message 17 of 19 (567 Views)

★★★ Expert

@A937113 I think it's normal for the trash cans in San Myshuno to be empty like that. Sometimes you can find cupcakes, cups of coffee, or plates of food that other Sims will drop on the ground and you can have your Sim pick them up and put them in the trash (or you can drag it to a trashcan with your cursor) and then the game should let you sort through the garbage. If you go into the plaza areas late in the evenings you will usually see a couple of weirdos dressed up in raccoon costumes and they will dig through trash cans and make piles of garbage that you can sort through.

Btw- there are a few different options for larger households to live in San Myshuno. There is a 5-bedroom apartment in the Uptown District and there is The Old Salt House in the Spice Market that is a regular residential lot that you can edit to create more bedrooms. For the penthouse lots you can add more rooms by creating more floors on top of the existing level. The poster and snow globe collections are two of the easiest to complete in the whole game if you have a household living in San Myshuno. I usually play households living in the Spice Market and I rarely have to rely on finding snow globes on sale in the flea market to complete that collection.

Message 18 of 19 (522 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you so much for this! This sounds a lot easier than I made it out to be Wink 

Message 19 of 19 (506 Views)