by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Posters Not Spawning At Festivals

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any festival and try to collect posters.
What happens when the bug occurs? There will be none - the place to get them will either be empty or say that all decent posters have already been collected for the entire duration of the festival.
What do you expect to see? Posters to spawn at least once during the time my sim is at the festival. Used to be several times, but I'll take just once!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This started around the time of IL, but seems to be getting worse and worse. It's actually getting harder and harder to collect these posters - and I never get boxes to spawn, so I pretty much can only collect posters from San Myshuno. Not sure what changed, and it doesn't happen all the time, just most of the time. Like I can collect a poster 1 out of every 5 or so festivals. 

Message 1 of 19 (2,413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Posters Not Spawning At Festivals

After spending an entire night at Myshuno Meadows (until after 5 am), since one of my sims was invited, posters are spawning normally at the next festival so far. So yes, it does make a difference, crin. Even got a snow globe box or two! Guess I'll just have to continue to spend a night in San Myshuno then?

View in thread

Message 9 of 19 (2,278 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@wildirishbanshee As far as I know, poster spawning has nothing to do with the festivals. They should be there all the time just like the snow globes. I remember when the pack first came out, they were always there.

How much time do you spend in the neighborhoods ? Are you just going there for the festivals or does your Sim live in the neighborhood

The spawners should work like any other in any other world. and you need to play in the neighborhood for the counter to count down.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,377 Views)

I go just for the festivals, and only collect from the festival area. Never had an issue before doing this, I'd normally get several posters from one gray box per festival. They spend hours at these festivals, might as well have something to show for it lol.

Message 3 of 19 (2,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wildirishbanshee They do seem to get more rare but that's also true for the snow globes and has been for a while. Are you always playing the same save or stated a new one since it's getting rare ?

Could you test if they spawn more if you play a family in the city or just go there for other activities more ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,367 Views)

I've had to start over. So new saves. I never get snowglobe boxes, so I guess I can pretty much kiss the San Myshuno collections goodbye then lol. Though at least posters do occasionally spawn, so there's that. Too bad I can't find them at the flea market like I sometimes can with snow globes!

Message 5 of 19 (2,358 Views)

Hero
@wildirishbanshee Could you test if they spawn more if you play a family in the city or just go there for other activities more ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (2,354 Views)

I'm sure they would if someone actually lived in the city, but my sims never lived there. Got a few at a recent Spice Festival, and I can test if going into the city more makes them more likely to spawn. I foresee a lot of karaoke in my future! lol

Message 7 of 19 (2,333 Views)

★★★ Expert
@wildirishbanshee I am still able to find posters and snow globes in boxes at festivals. While playing today, I found 3 posters at the Spice Festival and 3 more posters plus 2 snow globe boxes at the Flea Market two days later. I did not stay long enough at either festival to see if the grey boxes re-spawned new posters. It doesn't seem like there was a big design change for festivals/ posters/ snow globes so I guess you must have a bug?

My Sim lives in Willow Creek and I started this save just after the November 12 patch (to save all my harvestables from oblivion in my main save...) I have been able to finish the poster collection on this save.
Message 8 of 19 (2,303 Views)

After spending an entire night at Myshuno Meadows (until after 5 am), since one of my sims was invited, posters are spawning normally at the next festival so far. So yes, it does make a difference, crin. Even got a snow globe box or two! Guess I'll just have to continue to spend a night in San Myshuno then?
Message 9 of 19 (2,279 Views)

Hero
@wildirishbanshee I seriously wish they would re-consider the spawning timers. This has been a topic since the game came out.

The counters should count down no matter if you're on a lot or not. Wish I had a better answer for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (2,267 Views)