Possible patch corruption today

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

Possible patch corruption today

★★★★ Guide

I have noticed that when the patch came out the updating was very slow probably, because all the computers set to automatic grabbed the patch at once this lead to slow downloads of the patch during the day for some, so if you encounter any error with patch

PC: 1.77.131.1030 / Mac: 1.77.131.1230

Console: Version 1.44

For PC and Mac use origin, right click on tittle in library and click repair game, this will go through and verify all files got modified properly, for console I don't know anything about that so I can't help you.

Message 1 of 5 (279 Views)

Re: Possible patch corruption today

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the community @Sid1701d9.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (238 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Darko NP It wasn't the patch that was corrupted, but some of the computers that got the patch when it first was released got a corrupted download because, the patch was slow to download, most likely something to do with computers set to auto update, but once I did a repair I got the proper patch, the game was fine, so I just wanted to let others know to repair their games if they had strange behavior with the game.
Message 3 of 5 (213 Views)

★ Novice

I posted a thread detailing my problems with the patch, but I've been having several issues with build mode after the recent patch. I've repaired my game about twice now and nothing has changed:-/ 

Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@madiosnsoccermom You might want to delete the cache files, because a lot has changed move the mod folder, save folder Tray, screenshot and video folder out of the folder, Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. I find it easier just to rename the Sims 4 folder when there is any problems and than I slowly put stuff back once I know it all works. The game will recreate the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 if it is not there and you get all fresh new files that way. The Tray is your library that has all the lots and sims you created, and downloaded, The rest are pretty munch self explanatory.
Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)