Re: Populate towns with own sim

by Psychotps

Original Post

Populate towns with own sim

★★ Novice

I apologize if this has been asked before in the past, but I'm kinda late to the game  (literally).  I haven't found an answer to my question with multiple Google searches.  My question is: Is there a way to stop random townies from spawning and have the game instead draw from your library pool instead of manually placing each of your sims one-by-one into houses?  I've figured out how to prevent the random townies from spawning, I just need to figure out how to get the computer to pull from my personal townie pool instead when generating townies.

Message 1 of 3 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Cerulean0987   This is a very good question, and I hope you will get many tips.

I don't think there is an in-game way of pulling sims from the Library. There is, at least one, mod that can do it; called MCCC. I cannot link mods in this forum, so search by its name, and ask questions about its functions in the proper sites for it, or on The Sims official forum, where the ability to discuss mods are less limited.

The way I control the population in the worlds, is by creating my own NPC's, and giving them their 'jobs' with cheats. I also play rotationally, and place out sims in every house myself, because I want it that way. I have turned off the setting of filling up houses in: Game options>Gameplay>(uncheck) Fill Empty Homes; and don't have aging on. I make sure to place any sim I care to stay in the world in the tab My Households in Manage Households view. I haven't played enough to have tested this thouroughly, but I guess one way of controlling the population of service sims, is to create, for instance a bartender, before visiting a bar; so as to hopefully bypass the game doing so.

Message 2 of 3 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Cerulean0987 

Well, you can control it to a certain extent.

If you are say in the Scientist career, the game will require a pool of I think six sims as coworkers for the job. When you go to work, it will pick a random 4 from the pool of 6 to accompany you on that day. If you only have say 2 others already in the career, it will create new sims to fill the other 4 positions.  You can stop this by playing various townie sims briefly and having them join the career. If you have 6 sims in the career, the game won't generate any new ones. At least until one quits, retires, or dies.

But there are other jobs that will get auto-generated regardless, like bartenders, food vendors, DJ's...etc. I'm not sure how that works, but I have seen some of those positions filled by my own townies and not auto-generated ones. Some jobs like the DJs and acting gig jobs like Director/Producer always have generated sims.

There are some mods that can stop it, but those are rare. NPCC was good, but the current versions are always behind a pay wall for years at a time, and the free versions are very old and buggy. I always boycott them.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 3 (1,546 Views)