Re: Pools with islands

by SheriGR

Original Post

Pools with islands

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if you guys knew how to put an island in the middle of a pool? I have been trying to figure it out forever and have watched many speed builds where people do it but it won’t work! Can anyone tell me step by step how to do it? TIA!

Message 1 of 3 (556 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@allisonlm13 You don't "put" the island in the middle. Just draw the pool around it.
Message 2 of 3 (521 Views)

Champion

@allisonlm13 As @Psychotps mentioned, it seems you're interested in creating a pool area around a land area, in which case you could just draw the pool it around a piece of land using the 'custom pool tool':

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.56.01 PM.png

For example, I did this indoor to make this pool. Same principle, but the 'island' part in this case is flooring rather than land:
Island in pool.jpg

Also, if it would be helpful at all you are welcome to download the above lot and pick it apart to see how this type of pool is made:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2300886DA06111E989B3D5D7447C5F1D 

Can you clarify if you're looking for something different than we are mentioning? If so, can you add a screenshot/example of what you're trying to do?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 3 (508 Views)