Re: Pond Fill Tool Not Working Properly

by BitterStar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pond Fill Tool Not Working Properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I try to fill a hole with the pond raise water tool it leaves these square tiles of water where I click but will not fill my pond. I am not running any CC, MODs, or even cheats. I have tried repairing the game and restarting. I have tried manually clearing the cache. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. Nothing seems to fix the issue and now the help line has run out of ideas as well. My last hope is someone on here will be able to help me fix this issue, I was really excited to use the new pond tool. Computer is an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, using Windows 10 Pro.

Message 1 of 6 (7,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too and just figured it out. I was trying to build my pond in a fenced off area that I had deleted the ground tiles on. I moved the tiles and built the pond and it filled up as it should. Hope that helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (7,882 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too and just figured it out. I was trying to build my pond in a fenced off area that I had deleted the ground tiles on. I moved the tiles and built the pond and it filled up as it should. Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 6 (7,883 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked! I just deleted one section of fence to make it not a room anymore and the pond tool works! Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 6 (7,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a work around if you want to have a fence enclosing your back yard but still have a pond. I used the same trick people use to add tiles to tiny houses without the game counting them. You delete one section of fence, recreate that piece with the same angle somewhere where it is not connected to anything. Then using the select tool move that freestanding section of fence to the open space, completing your desired fence without the game turning it into a "room".

Message 4 of 6 (7,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sinafey actual life saver, thank you!!
Message 5 of 6 (4,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sinafey Thanks so much your a lifesaver honestly i thought my game broke 😂 it works!
Message 6 of 6 (2,222 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help