by rpop_sims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Polish to Perfection' option on Chessmaster chess table

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, Snowy Escape, EL, DU, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, GtW, DHD, RoM, Parenthood, DO, SD, OR, NK, Moschino, Fitness, TL, PP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click a 'Chessmaster' chess table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'polish to perfection' option appears along with other normal chess options
What do you expect to see? Chess table should not need cleaning
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after the 'bust the dust' kit released

Message 1 of 7 (837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Polish to Perfection' option on Chessmaster chess table

Community Manager

Hi there @rpop_sims,

The Polish to Perfection option is a new available option with the Bust the Dust kit. Any Sim will see this option available for all chess tables, even if they don't have the Neat trait, after a game of chess has been played and the chess table needs to be reset. 

If you have Bust the Dust disabled under your Pack Settings in your Game Settings, you won't see this option available when you select the chess tables. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (701 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this is a bug? In my experience, it's just a way to reset the chess pieces once a sim has moved them. At least that's just how I've always thought about it.

Message 2 of 7 (805 Views)

Isn‘t that an option neat sims have, who can polish a lot of things to perfection other sims don‘t deem dirty?

Message 3 of 7 (778 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @rpop_sims,

The Polish to Perfection option is a new available option with the Bust the Dust kit. Any Sim will see this option available for all chess tables, even if they don't have the Neat trait, after a game of chess has been played and the chess table needs to be reset. 

If you have Bust the Dust disabled under your Pack Settings in your Game Settings, you won't see this option available when you select the chess tables. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 7 (702 Views)

Clean up chess board is now called polish to perfection

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all, but not bust the dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click a played chess board
What happens when the bug occurs? Previously you could clean it up, now it is 'polish to perfection' while sims are not polishing it at all, they are cleaning it up (setting the the pieces back)
What do you expect to see? Clean up option. Not polish to perfection.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that came with bust the dust and updated the name of all cleaning actions.

Since the bust the dust update (not the kit), the cleaning interactions where renamed to cleaning to perfection. I honestly hated it. If something is dirty, you should clean it, but not to perfection per se.

One of the things about the update that annoys me the most is that they renamed 'cleaning up' on the chess board to 'polish to perfection'.

it just makes no sense, they are cleaning it up. Not polishing it. There is no polishing animation.

Therefore I consider this a bug. 

I have submitted a separate bug report for emptying the potty.clean up chess board.png

Message 5 of 7 (534 Views)

Champion

Note that if you don’t own Bust the Dust, everything is stuck on polish to perfection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 7 (489 Views)

★★ Guide

@PipMenace except the sink Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (431 Views)