Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Social Panel always saves organisation tab

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all except for a couple of stuff packs. This question would be better served as checkboxes.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have get together and Uni installed. Click social then clubs. Navigate away from social and then return. It will show organisations instead of clubs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The social panel always goes back to organisations instead of clubs because it's not saving clubs to the ini file it's saving orgs.
What do you expect to see? When you click SOCIAL and then CLUBS it should stay on clubs for each sim you do this with.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Uni, the bug came with Uni, or it came with Get Together and was unnoticeable until Uni appeared.

So I thought this was actually a feature but turns out it's a bug! How cool is it I had it backwards!!

What is expected to happen: When you click SOCIAL and then CLUBS it should stay on clubs for each sim you do this with.

What actually happens: It always goes back to organisations instead of clubs. Obviously requires uni to see organisations and get together for clubs.

WHY? According to the AMAZING Weerbesu: "I believe the game is supposed to remember whether the last opened tab is Clubs or Organizations for each Sim when you close the game so that the next time you open the game it will show the last opened tab. This setting is saved to the UserSetting.ini file in your The Sims 4 folder as "clubpaneltabsetting" for each Sim. However, due to a coding mistake the game always saves the wrong tab (i.e. if Clubs is the last opened tab it will save Organizations to the UserSetting.ini file, and vice versa)."

I'm not alone in wanting this fixed, we all thought this was a feature. I'm so relieved we've discovered it's a coding error EA can fix! Please fix it for us EA!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/SWITCH-Organisation-and-Clubs-Panels-so-that-C...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Please-make-Clubs-the-active-panel-outside-of-...

EDIT: It's very disheartening that when you merged my topic with that other one we lost the ~30 me too's for it and that really impacts the number of how many people have had issues with this. It was very difficult to get me too's on it because a lot of people don't play with clubs because this bug is so draining and frustrating. Also when I made the topic it didn't ask me for my game info so I filled that out now for this edit.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, fixed template (hopefully). Also merged some other thread into this that had a total of 46 me toos.

Message 12 of 24 (9,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWITCH Organisation and Clubs Panels so that Clubs Is Default

Hero

Social Panel will no longer default to the incorrect tab. What tab was I on? Now I will always know.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (3,045 Views)

All Replies

Please make Clubs the active panel outside of University

★ Apprentice

Clicking the "social groups" button now opens "Organisations" by default, even for sims not in university. This makes Get Together clubs more tedious to start than they were before, please address this? 😢

Message 1 of 24 (9,463 Views)

Re: Please make Clubs the active panel outside of University

Champion

@OtakuD, that is a good point!  I have not played a club since DU, so I didn't even realize that the panel didn't show clubs first when you played a Sim in a club.Raised eyebrow  It should show clubs first unless you are currently enrolled in university! Disappointed

I thin this was just an oversight, but hopefully they will change it! Fingers crossed 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 24 (9,452 Views)

Make Club Menu Default Instead of Organization Menu

★★★ Pro

Make the clubs menu the default menu for people with Discover University installed.  Not all my Sims go to university and the Club menu is used more than the Organization menu.

Message 3 of 24 (9,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! I hate that it opens to organizations for all my sims now, when most of them don't even qualify to be in one. 

Message 4 of 24 (9,383 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree with this so much! I find it so annoying that my sims that aren’t enrolled in University but are members of Clubs automatically open the Organizations menu instead. It should default to Clubs unless your sim is enrolled in University! EA’s Sims team please fix this in the next update!

Message 5 of 24 (9,313 Views)

SWITCH Organisation and Clubs Panels so that Clubs Is Default

★ Guide

When you click social groups the university organisation panel shows by default....but sims are in university for a relatively short time, where as clubs are available for much more of a sims lifetime and therefore I believe clubs should be the default panel.

Can we make the clubs panel default to open? You could make Uni default if you're in university, but otherwise the uni panel opening first just means we have to click more to get to clubs which are for kids-elders and get more use than organisations which are only for YA-elder.

Pictured: Shows the social panel. The red arrow shows the default panel to open when clicking. The black arrow shows the preferred panel to open.

Message 6 of 24 (9,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't even use clubs because its so annoying to click through, I would really love this!

Message 7 of 24 (9,605 Views)

Champion
@yuk75 I agree with you on the default panel for clubs instead of the university. I hardly used the university social groups for my Sims and you are right if and when you do so it will only be for a short period of time.
Unfortunately, I think it won't be possible to use the Uni default as you suggest because there usually are more Sims in a household and the positions on the in game 'status bar' are fixed.
I will Me Too it and give you XP!
Have fun playing 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 24 (9,590 Views)

★ Guide

@Trismagistos wrote:
Unfortunately, I think it won't be possible to use the Uni default as you suggest because there usually are more Sims in a household and the positions on the in game 'status bar' are fixed.
I will Me Too it and give you XP!
Have fun playing 😉

Ohh right I didn't even think of that, fair enough. In that case I say make clubs the default! Thanks so much for the xp and me too, hopefully EA see this and facepalm because they didn't think of it before and change it up :D. It would just be a huge convenience thing and might actually get people more into clubs! :D

Message 9 of 24 (9,579 Views)