Re: Please let the camera ignore the ground!

by Pick-a-boo_doo

Original Post

Please let the camera ignore the ground!

★★★ Guide

When working on a house with 1-3 levels the camera keeps jumping up and down when we zoom out and back in or move past the highest level. Im helping someone right now and the jumping camera because we are working on the 2nd floor is driving me nuts!

The camera must not jump in any way no matter the level we are looking at or the terrain. Please do something about it.

Message 1 of 7 (561 Views)

@Zasz_Zerg  There's a file within the game's program files called camera.ini; I'd guess it's in Game > Bin, but I'm not in front of a Windows PC right now.  At any rate, within that file, you can change IgnoreLotLevel to True.

This only applies to Windows and macOS, obviously.  I don't know of a way for console players to reach the same setting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I already tried this several times. It constantly resets back to false. Also even when its all set to true it doesnt work at all. Maybe it used to work some time ago.

It shouldnt be necessary for players to change a setting in a file manually. This setting shouldnt exist in the first place.

Message 3 of 7 (467 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Zasz_Zerg,

Thanks for taking the time to write up some feedback on this camera setting, I'll be sure to send this along to the right teams. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 7 (451 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Solaire
It's no good to simply fix to "IgnoreLotLevel" to true.
Change that command to true, the angle of camera is locked up in Live Mode too. If you try the camera zoom into Sims, the angle move to ground. We can't put the angle horizontally, and we can't see Sims from the horizontally angle. That's why it's necessary to separate that command to Build Mode and Live Mode. Could you tell them also about this please?
Message 5 of 7 (440 Views)

@Zasz_Zerg

Try changing some of the values within the file Puzzlezaddict mentioned. It is possible to customise the cameras quite a bit. If you google something like "edit Sims 4 camera" there are a ton of results which will help you. Simp4sims has also made edited files you can download and replace the default files.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 7 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Editing the file does not work. I even activated the protection on the file so the game doesnt revert the changes like it usually does. Whats the point in telling people to edit the file when the game just resets the file? Doesnt that make this "tip" pointless?

I tried several of those mods and they dont fix the problem. Even with Simp4sims' files the camera keeps adjusting on its own when I move along the 2nd level of a house, move past the roof and its like Im falling down a level to the level below or down to the ground.

And again, players should not need to edit game files to have a camera that doesnt change on its own or jump when we switch lot levels or just look around. We should also not need mods for this. Players on console dont have this workaround at all.

Message 7 of 7 (393 Views)