Re: Please help

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please help

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have a female sim that is pregnant and shes an young adult, she's married and she has a generated daughter with a husband. She is in her 3rd trimester I've waited an simlish week and she's not in labour. I've tried resetting the game and nothing happened... I don't want to restart because of she is a 5-star celebrity Also with her daughter and husband. I do have 890, mods and they don't really break the game Most of them are for cribs and CAS Items. I've researched and Really nothing has happened. If Someone can help that would make my whole life. Thanks =D

Message 1 of 5 (444 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you. I've tried it but then, she was in labour and then she was not, no clue whats that. Thank you anyway I've discovered public image cheat in testingcheats true. Thank you anyway I'll soon make another sim and pretend this didn't happen. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LuminousSkiies At this point you could run a game repair. [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Please continue to play several more sim days. If she still has not gone into labor after 5 or so days more, please let me know and we can do some troubleshooting in regards to the Mods. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you. I've tried it but then, she was in labour and then she was not, no clue whats that. Thank you anyway I've discovered public image cheat in testingcheats true. Thank you anyway I'll soon make another sim and pretend this didn't happen. 

Message 3 of 5 (366 Views)

Champion

@LuminousSkiies Sounds frustrating. Please let us know if the issue re-emerges. I will put a troubleshooting method to try if you have Mods or CC and it re-occurs for you, just in case you need it later. Please click the spoiler tag for the directions if you need them. Good luck!

Spoiler

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game see if the issue is present.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (342 Views)

@LuminousSkiies

Useful info about the cheat, that will definitely help others with the same issue who find this thread - thanks!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)