Re: Please fix the weather!

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please fix the weather!

★★ Novice

I am to the point where I am ready to pack up my Sims and move outside of Brindleton Bay! Why does almost every day see rain during the day and like a calming for roughly three hours before becoming rain again...plus, not EVERY rainstorm had to have massive thunderstorms attached. I set my seasons for 28 days each. My past two summers, I counted 22 days of rain and thunder and in the second summer 24 days of summer, That seems rather high to me! I shouldn't have to do the whole "weather machine" route to enjoy a summer in what is supposed to be a New England-style town (I live in NE: on our worst years, we have never had rain and thunder in THOSE amounts!).

I beg you - please nerf this out a bit to resemble something more normal or stop making EVERY Sim terrified of thunderstorms!

Message 1 of 6 (2,424 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jkgjeb  You're not the only one who has seen this.  I had a year when it rained in Brindleton Bay from mid spring to mid fall with only 2 clear days in all that time.  Something like 2 clear days in a 42-44 day period.  I have also lived in the NE and know the weather isn't like that with all the rain.  

Edit:  I also got the same thing when I pulled my mods and cc, repaired the game, deleted the localthumbcache.package file, etc.  I do think the weather is by design but there is too much rain in the game altogether.  If we had that much rain in the real world, we'd be living in Water World.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,389 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jkgjeb Very interesting you should bring this up... 🤔

@CGrant56  brought this same thing up in regards to Brindleton Bay with the 28 day seasons setting about a month and a half ago, and @PugLove888 and I also did some testing on this. We have nothing close to a full-out study completed, but I'm sure they will both have information to add here.

I did find that at a 28 day season I seemed to have proportionally more rain in my game, but not as much as CGrant56. I don't have any mods/cc, so that may or may not have had any effect. CGrant56 was having a monsoon in his game, and he does have mods. I'm not sure what PugLove888's final conclusion was for stats (she may add that - she also has no mods), but we both got the initial impression that it seemed that playing with a 28 day season may have made it worse? If so, not exactly sure why. 🌧️😱🌧️

We agree with you that it is cool that the weather patterns in some of the worlds seem to be targeted to certain locations's weather. We also didn't think that that much rain in Brindleton Bay seemed appropriate. I would also appreciate it if the amount of rain in Brindleton Bay would get a tweak in an upcoming patch. 🤞🏻

I look forward to seeing the responses and feedback from others on this thread, and I have added my 'Me Too' and 'XP to the post! 👍

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (2,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jkgjeb  You're not the only one who has seen this.  I had a year when it rained in Brindleton Bay from mid spring to mid fall with only 2 clear days in all that time.  Something like 2 clear days in a 42-44 day period.  I have also lived in the NE and know the weather isn't like that with all the rain.  

Edit:  I also got the same thing when I pulled my mods and cc, repaired the game, deleted the localthumbcache.package file, etc.  I do think the weather is by design but there is too much rain in the game altogether.  If we had that much rain in the real world, we'd be living in Water World.

Message 3 of 6 (2,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@jkgjeb You can try changing the Rain Options in your Game Options from the default "Rain & Thunderstorms" to "Rain". With this option you will still see some rain in Brindleton Bay but not nearly as often. You will also still see a rare thunderstorm on Mystery Weather days. This is the setting I use when playing a Sim living in Brindleton Bay with 28-day seasons & I see no more than a day or two of rain a week during the summer season.

weather.JPG

A typical weather forecast for BB in mid-summer with the setting I use.

Message 4 of 6 (2,355 Views)

★ Novice
@jkgjeb I’m the same! It’s constant thunderstorms. My sims are just tense and scared constantly! It’s annoying! I’m at the point where I’m going to turn thunderstorms off! Xx
Message 5 of 6 (2,098 Views)

Hero

@xkatexfinneyx 

OK, since I posted last year, I've learned a thing or two about managing the weather in the various worlds where you can.  The trick is to get a weather machine on a lot in each zone.  Then you can go change the weather so it's much easier to play.  You really don't need to turn off the weather or T-storms in the options.  I put them on a community lot so when I use that lot to travel to, I can change the weather to what I want.  I also put them on all my residential lots.

You do need to upgrade the thing though if you really want to make a seasonal weather change.  One drawback of the machines is that they do reset on travel so you have to keep using them.

But they do really give you the weather you want.  I use them a lot in San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay and Selvadorada and it makes playing a lot more pleasureable.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6 (2,025 Views)