Re: Please Make Sims Able To Sleep Together!

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please Make Sims Able To Sleep Together!

★ Apprentice

I was playing with my new pack, and I had to siblings, they were good friends, share a room. I had one double bed, yet they refused to share it. It makes no sense that good friends, especially those of the same family, cannot sleep together! My other problem with it is that I was using the Princess Cordelia double bed, and I had to use the single beds. It occurred to me that the singles are 8,500 Simoleons, while the double is 12,000 Simoleons. Two singles cost more than the double. I get that EA is trying to let you save on the double bed, but when two Sims that aren't married can't sleep together, and you charge more for two singles, I feel that is not right. I would like to purchase a double bed, but my Sims can't use it. Please make it that Sims that aren't married can sleep together!

Message 1 of 9 (11,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@BrynnasaurusRex 
It would seem this is by design and might be related to the game rating or to allow for different cultural beliefs.
Though it seems logical for siblings to sometimes share a bed in real life it does not happen in game.
There is an option now (added to base game) to upgrade beds.

This allows players to use the cheaper beds and upgrade them to provide a more positive moodlet and better comfort relief.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (11,034 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

They won’t even sleep in the same bed when you assign each a side? I really thought I accidentally shared a bed with a uni roommate by doing that, but maybe I’m mistaken?

Message 2 of 9 (11,094 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did assign them sides on the bed. I made sure they both stayed on those sides, too. I sold and bought the bed again, as well. Nothing solved the problem.

Message 3 of 9 (11,057 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BrynnasaurusRex 
It would seem this is by design and might be related to the game rating or to allow for different cultural beliefs.
Though it seems logical for siblings to sometimes share a bed in real life it does not happen in game.
There is an option now (added to base game) to upgrade beds.

This allows players to use the cheaper beds and upgrade them to provide a more positive moodlet and better comfort relief.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 9 (11,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue. I find it ridiculous two friends cannot share a bed. For a game that claims it "simulates life" there are still way too many barriers that limit how closely you can imitate real life. Why do Sims need a romantic relationship to share a bed? Platonic friendship is important and there's nothing wrong with two friends sharing a double bed. Who didn't share a friend's bed at least once in their life? I know it's common to just sleep on the floor but in my experience that's only because there are more than two people involved. 

I have two Sims who are "true friends" sharing a small apartment together. There is plenty of room for one double bed. I tried having them share it, but they refuse despite being "true friends". Why is that, EA? Why do Sims need to be romantically involved to simply share a bed? Seems odd, to me.

Message 5 of 9 (10,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What do you mean by it leaves room for more cultural beliefs? Limiting the game options isn't leaving room for anything. Two Sims being unable to share a bed unless they're romantically involved, married, or family is odd. Friends can share a bed in real life without there being anything romantic or sexual about it. It's definitely "by design" and that design is flawed. A game that "simulates life" shouldn't limit these things.

Message 6 of 9 (10,868 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

When I was a broke student I had a house party and ended up with six people sleeping the night in my queen size bed. It's a thing that happens irl, we should be able to do it in sims - both sleeping in the same bed without being romantically involved, and having more than the intended number sleeping in a bed. I'd expect a lower sleep quality if you have two in a single bed for the night or more than two in a double bed, but they should be able to sleep like that, and siblings or friends should be able to sleep in the same bed without anything else being assumed about it.

Message 7 of 9 (10,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm not sure who marked this thread as "solved" since clearly there are players who are having issues with this.  Out of curiosity, I tested it in my game.  In contrast to the OP, I had three sets of siblings sleep in the same bed together with no problems; two brothers, two sisters, and a brother and sister household.  However, I also tested it with the "Bros" in Windenburg.   Sergio and Joaquin would not sleep in the same bed together.  Personally, I believe this is a very odd issue to have.  With all due respect, if players' cultural beliefs prevent them from having sims sleep in the same bed, then they won't do it anyway.  I don't believe this issue is "solved" and I encourage anyone wanting this to change to submit a new bug report or start a new thread.

Edit: One more thing ... upgrading the beds is not exactly a simple solution.  The sim has to acquire the handiness skill level to upgrade and also has to acquire or purchase the appropriate upgrade parts.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 9 (10,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed, definitely not solved.

Also, the cultural thing is absolute BS because I can flirt and woohoo and date a married Sim and even convince them to leave their spouse.

Pretty sure adultery is against a lot of cultural beliefs lol

Message 9 of 9 (8,255 Views)