Re: Playing with 2 different families without losing the first one

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Playing with 2 different families without losing the first one

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I have the following question:

I was playing with one family when I decided to create a new one: as soon as I did it, the first family kind of "disappeared" from the house they were living in, while I could continue and play with the second one.

If I want the 2 family units to live in the same "world", how can I do? Every time I want to play with one of them I need to load the family from the last savings (backups). But the first family lives in a world where I built lots of facilities, while the 2nd one is living in a kind of "empty" world (because it is a new family unit).

Is there a way to "transfer" the 2nd family unit to the first "world"? If yes, how?

(I hope I managed to express my problem well, although English is not my mother tongue Standard smile Should there be any comprehension problem, feel free to ask me, so that I can answer and explain it - hopefully - better! Standard smile )

Thanks in advance for your replies Standard smile

-Ludovica-

Message 1 of 6 (602 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Open one of the savegames and Save the family to your Library.

Open the other savegame and import the family from your Library using Manage World.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks!

I will try this!

I also do have some bug information to tell, but the category bug reports isn't working on my pc (don't know why).

Is there another way to talk about this matter with the members of EA /SimGurus?

-Ludovica-

Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The bug forum is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen  ha scritto:

The bug forum is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Unfortunately I cannot start and post a bug since I cannot select any Platform. Do you know why? I tried both with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome (without using any AD Blocker or any extensions for the browser). Frown

-Ludovica-

Message 5 of 6 (544 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The dropdown works just fine for me.

Message 6 of 6 (533 Views)