Re: Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

by Cyclone_Sims

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@cinnaluna, you bring up some good points on the potential problems with livestock if we get a farming pack.Wondering  My guess is that horses will take up a slot like dogs and cats in TS4 (and like all 3 of them did in TS3), but that any other livestock will just be livestock and not be able to be treated exactly like a pet. Wink  Kind of like the small pets in My First Pet Stuff Pack and how it looks like the insects will be treated in the Eco Lifestyle EP. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 41 of 58 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888I think you might be right. What I'm not really sold on is how well this works for bigger lifestock like a cow or sheep etc. Also how much space such an interactable object would need to take. It couldn't just be the animal then but would need to be a whole pen or something. It would work great with a chicken coop or rabbits and such but I'm not sure we'd need a whole farming pack for something like this. Maybe we get an off-the-grid stuff pack (which would be awesome) that includes some aspects of farming without having something huge like a dairy farm, so maybe you could have like a single goat, some chicken and rabbits, that kind of thing I could see working well.

Message 42 of 58 (903 Views)

Champion

@cinnaluna, I would guess that it is possible large livestock like cows might be done similarly to how there were treated in the TS3 Store's cow and chicken add ons.  I didn't purchase it (the TS3 Store items were way too expensive so I would only purchase stuff with Sim Points ) but I have seen videos of gameplay with these objects.  Still, they could go an entirely different route with it too.  

Sheep aren't' as big as cows or horses.  It would be nice if they were included, or else llamas, so we could use the wool for our Nifty Knitting pack that we are getting!  I am hoping for a spinning wheel!  
But if they have horses anyway (which is why most people want a farm pack) then they might as well have cows too. But a dairy farm doesn't have to be huge.... most people , when they think of a farm, don't thinl of these mega farms, but of the smaller family farm that used to be in all countries and features in so many books, TV shows , and movies! Heart

I don't think most people would react kindly to an Off the Grid SP since we are already getting what basically amounts to an off the Grid EP with the Eco Lifestyle EP! Standard smile Which is fantastic!  But I think if they added a similar themed Stuff Pack as well, a lot of people would complain.  Better to have a farm pack (either GP or EP) that can incorporate the off the grid stuff from the base game as well as the Eco Lifestyle Ep! 

Message 43 of 58 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mai Not long left!
Message 44 of 58 (848 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Why is some or most of North America always the last to get their Sims 4 purchases of new content ? I mean, we're already told we wont get our new expacs until almost midnight, or at midnight to begin with, the day they're supposed to be released. And I never get mine until the day after that, not even at midnight. Sometimes even 2 days late, and sometimes I have to complain before it comes At All. Really ? Why not just tell people in NA you'll get your order 2, 3, 4 days after everyone else to begin with, or maybe next year if you don't complain ?? It's happened with all my EA purchases. Every.Last.One. So Annoying !

Message 45 of 58 (751 Views)

Champion
@EA_Mai It is great. I really love it

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 46 of 58 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

All in all, i must agree with this quote from a firend's review:

'EA seems out to cash in on climate awareness while simultaneously mocking it most viciously. It's a good question as to why 'Eco Living' was a full-blown add-on instead of a mere pack like 'Jungle Adventure' which added about as much if not more then EL does'

Message 47 of 58 (659 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mai I love it!
Message 48 of 58 (586 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Mai i want a refund. the ecoliving expansion broke the game for not only me, but for my daughter and many of my friends!! our sims 4 games are now completely unplayable!!!! GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK
Message 49 of 58 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Love this expansion pack! A  lot the  change sounds  pretty interesting.

Message 50 of 58 (466 Views)