Re: Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

by vadish3825

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm really looking forward to this one. I already greatly enjoy the Tiny Living one and think this is really a perfect topic. Very hot topic, well done as well with lots of cool ideas. And I have to say, I'm so in love with the build items. I'd buy it for those alone. The windows are to die for! And some of the furniture as well. Especially in love with the additional toddler bed <3

tbh I also like this take and prefer it over a farming pack. I think it has a more modern twist and blends in better with the existing packs, giving you a lot of new options to explore in gameplay as well.

Message 31 of 58 (768 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't seen the livestream yet, so I'm trying not to read everyone's comments about what's coming in this pack Standard smile But you know, I have some reservations about this one...I've played The Sims for the last 20 years, and of course if it's not your cup of tea then don't get it. I am very glad that they are bringing this issue to a whole new audience, even though it's through a game, it will hopefully get people realizing that it is the exact situation we are experiencing in real life right now. The more I hear about it though the more excited I'm becoming and I know in the end I will probably get it Large smile

Message 32 of 58 (729 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Sid1701d9 

Regarding your edit.

You add stuff to an apartment in the same way you do to a house in Build mode. There of course are a lot of things it would be impossible or impractical to have in an apartment just as in real life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 33 of 58 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_MaiIt looks amazing, the new stuff, possibilities! But I am sooo sad that there aren't new counters and cabinets T_T They would be beautiful in this style! Frown And it goes so much hand in hand with tiny living - using less space, less stuff to be more eco friendly, so why no bunk beds Frown I am planning on buying eco living nevertheless, but it would be like perfect with those things.. Standard smile

Message 34 of 58 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Mai I hope Off the grid lots get more items in this pack
Message 35 of 58 (638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’am so excited for this to out!! I love the idea of it. 

Message 36 of 58 (617 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think that Eco Living is really thought through. I love the idea of community voting and that they stimulate you to vote. I think that is really important so I'm happy they added that. Also I've always wanted to create my own house but I live in a really weird container-like house so yay I can do that now!! I really hope they add ladders to the base game tho.

I NEED THIS EXPENSION but I just spent around 60 euros in the sale on expension packs so idk if I have enough money...

Message 37 of 58 (586 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cinnaluna It'll be interesting to see though, because I think a farm themed pack would make a logical next step..people already thought they were cuddling chicks instead of grubs Large smile I don't really care about that kind of theme, but I swear every forum I look at that's all people are saying they want. That and bunk beds lol We do have a game pack coming, since we know the stuff pack is going to be the knitting one!

Message 38 of 58 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

that's definitely true @vadish3825 . I feel the eco lifestyle one already has a lot of those themes like better off-the-grid possibilities and growing stuff and it fits in well with the urban feel at the same time, which is a big plus in my opinion. So if anything it would have to be lifestock, I guess. But there is always the question how to do it. If the animals are only interactable objects it would be kind of lacking and to have them all as fully animated "pets" would very soon explode the limits of family size. I already felt this was a bit of a problem in sims 3, that you couldn't really have a big family plus a number of pets. Dunno, not really convinced there is a good solution to that one that would add valuable additional gameplay.

Message 39 of 58 (529 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cinnaluna You're exactly right, I didn't think of it that way, like how they would go about it making it fully functional with everything else. It must be so difficult coming up with things that will work for people with just the base game, and people who have every pack. I do like how they made pets NPCs now vs the way they were in Sims 3, but you're right if they continue to take up a slot then we would run out of room real fast, and people would have to choose between animals and Sims more than ever. If I'm honest with myself, I really don't know what else I'd want in this game, besides some small things, and I kind of like not knowing what direction they're gonna go next. Definitely something to ponder about Standard smile

Message 40 of 58 (487 Views)