Re: Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@Sid1701d9 

For Strangerville because the story relies on weather and environment changes.

For Destination worlds because you are on vacation for a few days and really don't have time to work with the environment. Should a vacation start with a bad environment and instead of vacationing you need to clean up the environment. Or should it start up with a good environment and you somehow should make it bad in the few days you are there? Both things would be unrealistic as you are there on vacation not to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 21 of 58 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ahahah Roots pack! That's an excellent idea thanks EA Standard smile hurry to see more.

Message 22 of 58 (723 Views)

★★★★ Guide

However, I am not saying that the destination worlds change, but there should also be a impact of positive and negative ECO available in the vacation worlds, like negative ECO from a negative world would effect your energy and emotion decay rate, but the positive effect of ECO could lower the decay rate of energy and emotions.  Or you could buy something in the rewards store that you can only buy in vacation worlds with both negative and positive impact.

One of the good examples I have found is biazarre fruit when they bloom, they produce a huge amount of crops, I reactivated the story to see if I can use the Beazarre fruit to make more of the harder stuff in my garden, and I want to graft stuff to see if I can find any hidden new fruits.

Message 23 of 58 (716 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Mai 

Found your forum post with links to the newest blog post.

That new gameplay trailer is ♡♡♡

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975923/eco-lifestyle-gameplay-trailer

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 24 of 58 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks for sharing @EuphorialQueen Standard smile

More news: we have a date & time for the livestream on Twitch! >>  Thursday, May 21st at 11AM PT! (Check what time that is for you here)

@SimGuruGeorge and @SimGuruJill will be hosting it this time, showing us Create A Sim, Build/Buy mode, the world, gameplay and also new free content coming to The Sims 4 base game Standard smile

Message 25 of 58 (623 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm excited about this pack as it seems to augment previous content from Island Living and expands on the idea of Eco Living. I remember the Community Vote that spawned Laundry Day had an Off The Grid option, Eco Lifestyle seems like an upgraded version of that stuff pack idea. I like being able to influence the world state by campaigning for Ecologically friendly living or let the world become more polluted over time. I love the idea of Townies and the player's Sim working together to live sustainably with gardening or upcycling.

Message 26 of 58 (594 Views)

Just a few weeks to go; super excited. I try to do what I can but don't live a dominantly eco friendly lifestyle so it'd be nice to see how far I can get here - who knows: maybe I can tranafer some skills to the real world

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 27 of 58 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I really like the pack, my concern is the power and water shut off was way more realistic, and hope it is still in there like, turn off power, turn off water, and than the repo man shows up.  I know realistic they had to do something now with eco living because you still have to pay bills, but may not be paying for power or water. in lots with the off the grid trait, though lots get more functionality when using a power generator, and water collection system or devices.  I think its really cool.  I really hope they allow you to put the off the grid lot traits on vacation homes in Granite Falls for Outdoor retreat because it would really make the camping experience there a little more fun.  Have to fuel up the generators before you can have power in the rental cabins.  It would make it a fun game play experience.

Also, keep in my Suluni and the eco environment manager polices can affect all neighorhoods, so each neighborhood will have action plan and a global policy if it was activated by the Eco manager career from the Island Living Expansion pack.  I think global policies also effect destination worlds.  Still strange how they left Strangervillie out for the ecco footprint, but at least your be able to mess with all of the Islands in Sluni now and make them dirty or make them clean.  I am pretty sure this pack would go really good with the Eco jobs that came with Island Living.

I really do think they can make the Strangervillie story to work with the eco living.  That redacted plant after all is a evasive plant and if you kill it the world could go from Industry to neutral to green after that. 

Edit: I also forgot the City Living neighborhoods most of the lots in CL are apartment and suite and suite lots, how will you add stuff to these lots.

Message 28 of 58 (518 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@Sid1701d9 

From what they wrote on Twitter it appears that if your lot is not off the grid electricity and water is shut off. The Repoman was added because with eco-lifestyle there would be no downside to not paying bills when living off the grid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 58 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsenhowever, if you have a power generator and water collector on non off the grid lots they could act as backup power and water in case the power or water goes off due to lack of paying your bills.

Message 30 of 58 (483 Views)