Re: Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

by PugLove888

Original Post

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

EA app Team

Welcome to Evergreen Harbor, the sustainable city of your dreams! Join your fellow collaborative makers and sustainability activists in The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack*, coming to PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4 on June 5, 2020! How will you play to change?

Read the full blog here, and share your thoughts below! 

Message 1 of 58 (2,336 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai How did you even come up with this idea?
Message 2 of 58 (2,267 Views)

★ Guide

Voting system from... two or three years ago, apparently. The vote was what brought out the Laundry Day Stuff pack. This is a very informative situation. A completely new expansion pack can take up to three years to be created. I feel enlightened.

Message 3 of 58 (2,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EA_Mai 
This looks especially exciting for Apocalyptic or Ecological gameplay. I know a lot of players will really enjoy this pack.
Some challenges like my Eco Existence Challenge and Post-Apocalyptic Murkland by @Brennachan  may be getting a bit of an update. #TS4EcoLifestyle

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 58 (2,218 Views)

Champion

@EA_Mai@EuphorialQueen@Player_jp5s5eav , and @paddieification , even though I would prefer a farm pack, I am very happy that an Eco pack was finally added since that was what Laundry Day was originally going to be until people saw the picture of the washing machine and went laundry crazy! Large smile This is the best of both worlds since the Laundry people are happy with their pack and the Eco-friendly people are finally getting the pack they thought they were getting, and a full EP as well, which makes it worth the wait! 

This pack does seem to have a lot of interesting gameplay potential and it looks fun! Party hat  Plus it goes nicely with the Tiny Living SP, the Island Living EP, the upcoming Nifty Knitting SP, and the Off-the-Grid lot trait! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 58 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I'm glad thate there are some people who actually like this idea. I am not one of them, but still - reception was generally poor.
Message 6 of 58 (2,168 Views)

Champion

@paddieification, well, I think a good portion of people will like this pack since they voted on a Eco-friendly pack during the first community vote, but the vote went off on a laundry tangent. Wink  
It does look like a fun pack!   And sometimes a pack people think they won't like end up being a pack that they love! Plus, I've even heard of people asking for run-down versions of furniture items so they can decorate their Sims' homes to match stories that they are creating for them!  So this pack will appeal to those people as well. Cool

Personally, I have enjoyed every pack, and I use at least a few items from each pack regularly, so I know I will also enjoy this pack too! Party hat

Message 7 of 58 (2,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@paddieification, Time shift. People are bad about, "I want this, I expect it now." With the passing of time, a lot of Simmers have probably forgotten all about the voting in the past. Then there has been the recent strengthening on the petition for horses. It is all a checklist it seems. So many have things they expect to be "automatic givens" due to the past three Sims generations, but all the things they want actually came out in portions in the previous generations as well. In turn, as long as The Sims 4 feels incomplete due to lacking things that completed previous Sims have, people are likely to be more disappointed in "new", "innovative" ideas unfortunately.

Message 8 of 58 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai I'm so excited!!!
Message 9 of 58 (2,064 Views)

Champion
@EA_Mai I am eagerly waiting for the fifth of June and already pre-ordered the pack.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 10 of 58 (2,008 Views)