Platforms make rooms separate from house

by FalconSims

Original Post

Re: Platforms in rooms

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I will save it to my gallery, but I’m just trying to move my house to another area on my lot not place it on a new lot from my library. My ID is kyrieann12 and you may have to check custom content, as I have some sim made paintings in my house.
Message 11 of 23 (616 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I’ve uploaded it as platform testing
Message 12 of 23 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@FalconSims Awesome. Got it fine.

I see your issue when I try to move the home via the 'Move House' tool:

move house.jpg

As a workaround, you could move it with that 'Move House' tool, then move each 'room'(platform area) by clicking on and selecting each room...
move room 1.jpg

and moving it with the move tool and placing each of them within the home you just moved:

move room 2.jpg

The other option is to move the lot. To do this, select the 'Move Lot' tool:

move lot.jpg

Then select the home/lot area you built on:
move lot 2.jpg

Move it to the new location and confirm:

move lot 3.jpg

Then you're all set. No rooms are left behind:

move lot 4.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 13 of 23 (600 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I’ll do that. Thank you
Message 14 of 23 (587 Views)

Champion

@FalconSims You're very welcome. Please let us know if you need further help. 

Message 15 of 23 (574 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR That worked pretty well, as I was still able to move the green house individually after moving the lot. Standard smile I’m doing a legacy challenge, so I’m trying to expand the house and I misjudged where it should be when I first started building it up.
Message 16 of 23 (565 Views)

Champion

@FalconSims Thanks for letting us know. That's happened to me a number of times. Glad the move worked in the end. Have fun with your legacy challenge and your home! 

Message 17 of 23 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found out if I draw a room of just a line around the outside of the room and upload it, it makes all the things placed and kept where I wanted. You then just download the room, delete the outside room thats just a line. It will be a normal room to use none the less! So its just a small glitch on their end that needs a fix just like the basement broken glitch.

Message 18 of 23 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Elithian87 Yes, that should work if your platform areas are touching the outside rim of the old room's walls, as it would make new outside walls to the room that are not touching platforms (thus creating a different room perimeter as far as the game's concerned) - then it should be moveable/savable to  your library by the manner I originally shared? Anyway, glad you found it worked with your layout to do it that way. 

Message 19 of 23 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRSo I’m having another issue and I was wondering if you can help or if I’d need to make a while new bug report. I can’t find anything recent on it. I still can’t put a roof on a house on this same lot. I have taken all of my mods out and custom content at one point, and it’s still doing it. The ceiling glitches in and out and I can’t put a roof on top of the house. I’ve even tried moving everything to a new save and reinstalling my entire game and it still won’t work. I’ve even taken out every platform on my lot. 

Message 20 of 23 (506 Views)