Platforms make rooms separate from house

by FalconSims

Original Post

Platforms make rooms separate from house

★★ Apprentice

Whenever I use platforms in my house, the room with the platform becomes separated from the house. If I want to move the whole house, any rooms with platforms are left behind. Also, it seems that the roofing tool does not recognize houses with platforms as being there. The roof will place inside the house instead of on top of it. Is there a fix for this? I can’t find anyone else is reporting this issue. 

Message 1 of 23 (2,447 Views)

Platforms in rooms

★ Apprentice

Apparently it registers the platformed part in a room as a 'separate room' so you can't upload the full room with that platform add on. Or is there a way? Anybody else know anything or if they are working on this to fix it so we can? I'd like to upload some of these bedrooms I made but with the platform on part of the room I can't cause its missing, unless I upload it as like "Bedroom part1 and the platform part as bedroom part 2. Any words or thoughts?

Message 2 of 23 (2,436 Views)

Re: Platforms in rooms

Champion

@Elithian87 @FalconSims Hmmmm... the house I'm building has no need for platforms so I have only done experiments with them so far. When I read this post I tried what you mentioned and am not seeing the issue in my experiments to this point. This is what I've tried so far...

I used the home I've been doing platform, ladder and stair combo experiments in. In this 1st floor room there are three platforms of varied heights with stairs and ladders. One of the platforms is dragged downward for a sunken room effect, I think 2-3 steps downward. When I click the side of the large room that contains the platforms within it it highlights as one room, though all of the platforms look like separate areas. However...

1.jpg

When I choose to save this as a room... it does save the room with all three platform areas intact, though it does delete the ladder and stair parts in all of them...

2.jpg

Then I went to a different lot and placed the room on that lot. All of the platforms and room placed fine...

3.jpg

But I did find that above all of the platforms the ceiling was missing when placed.
4.jpg

I was able to plunk on a clunky huge roof... But even with the roof stuck on the holes remained.
5.jpg6.jpg

So I did the trick I normally do to fill in a hole in the ceiling like this. Use the room or wall tool to make a room over the holes. This will create a floor that will become the ceiling for the hole area. Then just delete the walls on these new temp rooms. Also go up a level and delete the ceilings those rooms made or they'll be hanging around up there.

7.jpg

In your cases I'm assuming your rooms are different in some way(s). Can you provide screenshots of your lot and issue?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 23 (2,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR My issue is with moving the house. The platforms don't move along with the rest of the house. And my ceiling issue happens with any room in a house with platforms in it anywhere. I usually have to move the house and then move it back in order for the ceiling to register. 

Message 4 of 23 (2,411 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Elithian87 My issue isn't with uploading, though I haven't ever uploaded just a room before. I'm having trouble with moving my whole house. It doesn't move the rooms with the platforms.
Message 5 of 23 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Elithian87 Interesting! I just saved that whole home to the library then placed it on a new lot and nothing deleted that I could tell, including ceilings. It does not have a roof as I was testing indoor things, but all ceilings were there in the first place and when I placed the home... and all of the platforms, ladders and stairs seem intact in my test. Would you be willing to let me test your home in my game? If you would share this lot to the Gallery I would be happy to test it in my game. You could name it something like "platform disappearing test". Then please add a comment in this thread to let me know the name, and please let me know if your User ID in the gallery is different than it is here in the forum.

Message 6 of 23 (2,400 Views)

★ Apprentice

But the problem is I want to just save it as a room only. Like with 1 of the platforms is against the wall so I can cutely put the bed on it and make it look neat! But I don't wanna save it as a house just to have people download tht just for 1 room I'd feel bad so they can have the platform.

Message 7 of 23 (2,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you selecting it as a total house then changing it... Wait that wouldn't work. How are you saving it as a room with the.. How are you saving it with the platforms of it just being a room?

Message 8 of 23 (2,382 Views)

Champion

@Elithian87 This is the method I use to save as a room: https://sherigr.com/tutorials/saving-room-to-sims-4-library-gallery/

Message 9 of 23 (2,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Elithian87  Hmmm... If your room is set up anything like @FalconSims 's in those screenshots, I think I may have a clue what the difference is between this and my test on my lot. My platform areas were all within the room and not touching any orf the room's outer walls.

When I dragged the platform area to intersect with the wall it deleted the wall. I had to then re-draw the wall, and the room no longer recognized that new wall section as part fo the rooms exterior wall (when you click an exterior wall it does not highlight that wall section:

8.jpg

So, in that case if I saved that room to my library, upon placement of the room the platform area and wall piece are deleted:
9.jpg

Plus, as in the case of the other test, the ceilings are deleted when the room is placed:

10.jpg

I could see parts of this dynamics as possible oversights and a bug, because this will not allow a save any room with a platform against the wall if this happens with all types of platforms that are against a wall. I don't see any reason why it would be by design/intended for the ceilings to delete when the room is placed either.

This reminds me of making a 'sunken room' area previously - that we needed to make sure there was at least one tile between the sunken area (deleted floor combined with foundation) and the wall to get it to save with the lot, though it wouldn't save with the room by itself. But even then I don't remember the ceiling deleting. Now the sunken platform area will save with the room, but not if it touches the room's exterior wall, it seems?

Edit: I tested and the same thing happens with the wall, saving the room to the library and placing with a raised platform.

Message 10 of 23 (2,369 Views)