Platform and Stair Issue on Console

by savmoney666

Original Post

Platform and Stair Issue on Console

★★★ Novice

I am building something and placed the first level platform. Then I added 2 platforms on top of it to make it kind of like a staircase. On the top level (which is the last step as well), I’m trying to place items and they won’t show up. They just “attach” to a wall nearby. Also, my sims are not going up and down stairs in their homes. 

Message 1 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: Platform and Stair Issue on Console

Hero (Retired)

@savmoney666 The bug report for stairs is here Staircase Causes Route Failures please use that.

I've moved your post to general discussion, perhaps a builder here can assist you with your platform issue.

Message 2 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: Platform and Stair Issue on Console

Champion

@savmoney666 I just did a couple of tests based on my interpretation of your description. Please clarify what ways your issue is similar and different and include some screenshots. Thanks!

I found that an object can only be placed in the center of a single-tile sized platform area. So, in this example in order to place an item I placed it on the left side of each platform 'stair', and the Sim could climb on the right side. To do this I needed to have two-tile wide exposed platform 'faux steps':

MOO off.jpg

If I wanted to place an item on the platform 'faux steps' that were only one tile wide I needed to enable MOO and place the item far enough off to one side for the Sim to use the platform to step on. This was a bit fussy and took a bit of testing to get to work on the top one:

MOO on.jpg

I also experimented with this when the platforms were against the wall with the same results.

Can I clarify a few things:

• Was the object you're trying to place larger than in my experiment?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the area and the issue in your game?
  • Are you placing objects with MOO off or on?
  • What is the object?
  • Does this happen with other objects (non-debug objects & small ones)?
  • Do you have, or have you had in the past, Mods or CC in your game?
  • Have you tried running a game repair? (Click spoiler tag for directions):
    Spoiler
    How to run a game repair:

• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game

• If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
    • If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 3 (181 Views)