by Tennear

Original Post

Platform Bug After Update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Vampires City Living Parenthood Cats & Dogs Discover University Dine Out Realm of Magic Romantic Garden Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Spooky Kids Room Backyard Stuff Vintage Glamour Laundry Day My First Pet Seasons Strangerville Moschino Tiny Living Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you place a platform upstairs and/or by a wall
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes Walls Delete or Deletes its if you try to make it into one room, as well as having the roofing phase through the walls
What do you expect to see? To not have walls be Deleted To not have Platforms Delete themselves if trying to make it into one room And to not have the roofing phase through the walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added the Platforms for Nov. 11. ‌

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 1 of 6 (2,398 Views)

Re: Platform Bug After Update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The walls are disappearing as part of the game. Not a bug. The game registers the platform as a new room without walls. I hope they change this in a newer version. 

I will however add to the rest of you list:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing a stilted foundation under a platform makes the platform reset to default height. 
What happens when the bug occurs? All foundations work well together with the platforms, except for the stilts. 
What do you expect to see? To have every foundation work in harmony with the platforms. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Removed them. .
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The november 11 2020 update. ‌

Pic 1: Sulani stone foundation   - platform in grey room                                                   

Pic 2: Stilted foundation, note the stairs are gone and the platform is reset

12-11-20-11-12-3012-11-20-11-12-44

Message 2 of 6 (2,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KittyKisses12 

I tested this and both the things you describe happened.  The walls deleting happens whenever you place a platform against an exterior wall and you have to redraw them.  You are right that this shouldn't happen but it may just be the way it works. 

The roof thing also happens but I found that it easily fixed by adjusting the eaves.  It seems that the platform causes the eaves to extend into the room so using the adjustment arrow to pull them back to where they were before seems to fix it.

@Lavendela91  I also tested the stilt foundations.  And what you report also happened for me.  On a stilt foundation, platforms can only go up not down.  Actually it does make sense as it works like that in real life.  So I think this is by design and meant to work this way.  The way I see to get the effect you are trying to get is set the floor level at the lowest level you want and then use platforms to raise the rest of the spaces around that area.  I tried it and it seems to work fine.  

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 6 (2,261 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 Oh, very smart work-around. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6 (2,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

My platforms completely disappear if I draw the walls back after I've placed a platform. Can we not have platforms next to walls? 

EDIT: Actually, even if the rounded platform is NOT next to a wall, it gets deleted if it's inside a room at all, and the horizontal arrows to raise the level of the platforms don't work at all in my game. Those make the level of the house BELOW the platform taller and the platform stays the same height. 

So...no rounded platforms indoors and there's actually NOT a way to raise the height of platforms? Is that really how this tool is supposed to "work"? 

Message 5 of 6 (2,114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, I hate it. I'm building a house in Sulani. I wanted to create a cute raised bed area, but the platform removes the walls and the side roof sticks through. And because I'm using a thatch roof fringe to line all my roofs, even shortening the edges doesn't help because it's thick, so it still shows through. It also removes the ceiling of the room it's built above, I've discovered. This game constantly finds new ways to test my patience haha fml

Message 6 of 6 (2,091 Views)