Re: Plants Never Need Water

by Psychotps

Original Post

Plants Never Need Water

★★★ Newbie

In every sims game I play, on my laptop and on my boyfriend's computer, after the initial watering, my plants no longer need water ever. They still need weeding, spraying and can be evolved. This is getting very frustrating as I like having botanist sims, and for the freelance botanist aspiration, they need to water or weed plants 10 times, which is largely slowed down because of this bug. Does anyone else experience it because I can't seem to escape no matter what I play on? Any tips would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (2,308 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lovinglyjeno 

Simply plant a lot of plants and water them. If you don't need them then delete them again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (2,249 Views)

★ Novice

That doesn't fix the bug though and that is what I want.

Message 3 of 9 (2,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@lovinglyjenoAre you using the new hydroponic planters? They automatically water some plants, but not all. I think the new vertical planters can have upgrades for automatic watering too.

Message 4 of 9 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Expert

@lovinglyjeno @cowboycucumber I have not seen this bug in my game. Do you have the Seasons EP installed? In my game the outdoor plants seem to require less watering in the spring/fall and no watering in the winter. My indoor and sheltered plants still need watering in all seasons. I'm only using regular and vertical planters or planting directly in the ground. I'm avoiding any sprinklers or auto-watering systems because I want my Sim to increase her skill level by watering everything manually. I rotate my outdoor plants according to the season so I'm always planting new things, as @jpkarlsen already suggested, and I had no trouble completing that Aspiration task

Message 5 of 9 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness I do have seasons but I had them for an entire season and they didn't need watering at any point
Message 6 of 9 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Psychotps I don't have eco so no
Message 7 of 9 (2,120 Views)

★★★ Expert

@lovinglyjeno Your plants did not need watering even in the summer? Just out of curiosity, what is your season length set at? I use the long 28-day seasons and my Sim has to water her plants quite frequently in the summer. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,054 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@lovinglyjeno

Well, plants are automatically watered when it rains. Once plants are watered, it takes a few days at least before they get dry enough to need watering again. The weather systems are more or less random. If it rained at least once every 3 days or so like clockwork, your plants might never need watering.

It's rare but no reason it shouldn't happen.

I know those things can be changed with mods, heck, I've done it myself. It's simplicity itself to turn off weeds and bugs for all plants.

If it's not rain, I'd say it's a mod. Have you tried removing all your mods?
Message 9 of 9 (2,049 Views)