Re: Plant Sim Challenge 2018

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

Plant Sim Challenge 2018

★★★ Novice

I missed the Plant Sim Challenge in 2017, yet the locked rewards are still in the menu. Will the challenge, and related Egg Hunt, be reactivated in March? If so, when?

Message 1 of 16 (15,084 Views)

Champion

@Floymin, we don't really know either!  That was an event where Jasmine Holiday showed up in your game for a short time and helped you with that challenge.  But, since there is a Jasmine Holiday event (Boost Week) going on right now, I doubt there would be one in time for this Easter! Frown  Also, they didn't re-run the Day of the Dead challenge last Halloween from the year before, so it is doubtful they would run the Easter challenge again this year.

It is possible that they could redo these challenges next year, but there are no grantees.

However, there is a way to get the items from these challenges using a cheat!  Raised eyebrow Secret 

Go into the Build/Buy Mode.  Bring up the Cheat Box by pressing at the same time "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "C".  Then in the box type "bb.showhiddenobjects" and then press "Enter".  (Don't forget to type the period after bb)!

Then go into the "Search Objects by Room" selection and click on the dinning room icon (an icon of a table).  Then on the table there is a picture that looks like a bowl of fruit; click on that (it is called "Misc. Decorations".  Then scroll through the items listed until you find the Easter eggs (or any other collectible you want).  The Easter eggs won't be all listed together, so you will have to look through all the items in this category to be sure you got them all.  You can also find all the sugar skulls from the Day of the Dead challenge, as well as any rocks, frogs, elements, etc.!

So, while you won't have the fun of having your Sims search for these items while playing the game, at least you can still have these items in your Sims' homes! Angel

If you have anymore questions, please ask! Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 16 (15,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

If I get the Plant Sim items by cheating, will I still be able to make a permanent Plant Sim? Will I also be able to get the bonus item from collecting all Sugar Skulls and Decorative Eggs?

Message 3 of 16 (15,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Floymin, excellent question!  I'm not sure about the Plant Sim since I was able to complete that challenge, and so I never used the cheat to get the eggs.  I could always test it out for you, or you can test it if you wish.  There also might be a way to use another cheat to get a PlantSim, but I would have to do some research to be sure. Wink  I want to say I thought I remembered someone saying they did this, but I can't be sure.

As for the Sugar Skulls, even though my computer had problems during this challenge and I missed it, I still keep forgetting to get all the skulls myself Oops Embarrassed  I'm not even sure what happened during the challenge if you completed it! Large smile  I think I remember someone saying that you don't get the special item, but since all special non-career items are supposed to be unlocked this way, I would think you could still get that item, as long as you can find it in Build/Buy Mode with that cheat running.  (By the way there is another separate cheat to get all the items for leveling up in the different careers.  Bring up the cheat box like before and type "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" and press "Enter" ) Wink

I will try to see if I can find out that information for you! Standard smile

(Edited for my crummy spelling! Oops)

Edited again for update:    I checked my game and you need the career reward unlock cheat that I gave you above ("bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" ) to get the Magic PlantSim Stump to put the crystal/seed pod things into in order to make your Sim become a PlantSim.  But the crystal/seed pods are found in the "bb.showhiddenhobjects" cheat.  I still don't know if by cheating a magic stump with the crystal/seed pods will make the special tree grow that you enter to get the forbidden fruit that you need to eat to become a PlantSim works or not.  I will test this for you.

Likewise, I found the sugar skull case with the bb.ingoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat and the sugar skulls are unlocked with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.  The display case for the sugar skulls said that this will enable you to honor the dead and allow new interactions with the Grim Reaper.  This will be harder for me to test since I will have to kill a Sim on my lot in order to get the Grim Reaper.  But I will see what I can find out!  Standard smile

Message 4 of 16 (15,009 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Floymin

I completed the Plant Sim challenge, and there was never a way to get your sim to become a permannent plant sim. What it did was that it gave you the possibility travel through the magical tree, giving you a forbidden fruit. 

Now, instead of eating it, you plant the forbidden fruit so that you can have a forbidden fruit tree in your garden. Then your sim could eat a fruit, become a Plant Sim for 5 days, eat another fruit, etc, for as long as you want. But you will always reverse after 5 days Standard smile

But as long as you take care of the tree you'll have unlimited forbidden fruits Standard smile

Message 5 of 16 (14,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PugLove888

THIS is why there should never be arbitrary challenge reward objects for Sims games! Using a career rewards cheat to obtain something that is temporary, yet still visible in the store is just... wrong. Now using buydebug on the other hand... :P

Message 6 of 16 (14,981 Views)

Champion

@CMeki, Thanks for adding that info! Cool

@Floymin, yes, I agree that it is very odd.  Large smile  I had never tried using the career unlock cheat for the Challenge items before -- I just knew that you could get the items this way.  That said, since I totally missed the Day of the Dead Challenge due to a broken computer, I am thankful that I can put all the sugar skulls in my Sims' homes with this cheat.  Angel  I would have completed the challenge if I had access to my computer during this time.  Certain things were beyond my control.Disappointed

I guess it is good for people who can't play The Sims 4 as often as they like.  Maybe certain challenges happen during times when they are super busy with work stuff.  Maybe they have to spend time in the hospital or care for someone who is very ill during a challenge and therefore can't play.  And I can only imagine being a teen and getting grounded from the computer while a challenge like this is running! Shocked DisappointedDevil 

In theory these items should not be available through a cheat, but in reality, for cases like these, I'm rather thankful that they are! Heart

The funny thing is that people who play TS4 on a console like PS4 or Xbox still see these items even though the console version didn't exist when these challenges were running! Shocked Oops  I do not know if they have access to the same cheats PC players do.  If they don't then the pictures of those items just sit there taunting them!  Devil

Now, about the items you unlock with these 2 cheat codes:  I tested the items required for the PlantSim challenge and they do work just like they did when the challenge was running! Standard smile  

I also tested the Sugar Skulls and the Sugar Skull Display Case with these cheats.  (I'm not sure, but I think the special item you got when you found all the sugar skulls during the challenge was the display case.  You need to put the skulls in this case to activate the special interactions with the Grim Reaper.)  They appeared to work like the description said (smoke came from them and my Sim), but without the Grim Reaper on my lot, I can't be sure if the special interactions are available with items gained by cheating! Thinking  I'll have to kill off a Sim to test this out though, so it will take me a bit longer to test this. Raised eyebrow 

The Easter Eggs unlocked a giant plush Easter Bunny (like the Unicorn, Teddy Bear, Dragon, Dinosaur, etc.) that your children can hug and play with.  But since you can just use the cheat to unlock the Easter Bunny, you don't really need to unlock the eggs, unless you just want them for decoration! Large smile

Hope this helps!  Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 7 of 16 (14,961 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure if such would be possible, but I've seen past events listed in the Sims 4 along with various functions that happen in the game, from animations, traits, buffs, functions, things that can be collected, all the possible reactions or results when interacting with others or doing an activity somewhere... it may have been through Sims 4 Studio... If someone were willing, they could probably make a mod that would allow players who missed out on such events play them. I think there was a mod that allowed people to play the Easter Egg hunt, but it became null when an update occurred... 'Shame I found it too late. I totally would have used it.

I would absolutely love it if the game allowed players to access those events via the game. 'Like you could call Jasmine Holiday and ask her to do an event. I'm huge on the collecting things around the game, so cheats to get stuff from events I didn't get to participate in completely ruins it for me. Screw getting the eggs and sugar skulls without any challenge to it. I like to actually earn those things.

Message 8 of 16 (14,945 Views)

Champion

@Player_jp5s5eav, ideally I also like the challenge of actually doing the event, but in the case of the sugar skulls, I was unable to. Disappointed This was beyond my control.  Its not like I got lazy about it and said "what's the point ? I'll just use the cheat." Confused  So while I'd much rather do the event, but for me in this one instance it was impossible. Devil  Once I knew that I could still get the items I was lacking, I felt relieved -- relieved enough to not even bother using the cheat to get the items (until @Floymin asked about it and if the interactions would be available as well.)  For me, just knowing that I had access to the items was enough.  Large smileWink  But even if a person were to not bother doing the challenge and just use the cheat because they didn't feel like doing the challenge, I'm not going to judge them on that since it doesn't hurt anyone and isn't against the law. Angel  It's their game, after all!  As for me, I will always do the challenge events because I think they are fun -- kind of like a scavenger hunt, which I've always loved! Cool

Also, I really love your idea of being able to call Jasmine Holiday up and be able to do any challenge at any time! Heart  That would be ideal!  The only events it wouldn't be good for are the Boost Weeks, like what we have running right now, because there is nothing to collect. Wink

@FloyminI was able to test the sugar skulls and their display case out with a dead Sim and the Grim Reaper on the lot!  It works, even with the cheats! Raised eyebrow  For my Sim there were timed interactions (like there are if you have Movie Hangout how you have limited timed interactions to discuss the movie you saw.)  The ones available to my Sim were "Discuss Afterlife", "Complain About Spirits", & "Enthuse About Sugar Skulls".  The Sim who honored the dead by using the sugar skull case filled with all 10 skulls will also change to wear face paint and be able to build friendship with the Grim Reaper really quickly! Cool I think if my Sim had been even better friends with the deceased, they would have been able to plead for a resurrection, but my Sim was just a friend, and not a good friend of the deceased.  

I hope this information is useful! Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 9 of 16 (14,925 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, I have nothing against those who use the cheat to get the past Events items. I just don't want to go that route personally. I like the actual challenge of getting them.

I don't personally see this Boost Week as the same as the other Events, so, yeah. I wouldn't include Boost Week. But if you could make the events that involved actual challenges that resulted in getting things reappear... I would love that. Even if they had to be limited to certain time frames...
Like, the Sugar Skulls, you can only call her about the during the Fall. The Easter Eggs you can only call her during the Spring. Maybe the Plant Sims, you can only call her during the Summer. Something!
Message 10 of 16 (14,916 Views)