Re: Place Decor on Slanted Walls?

by SheriGR

Original Post

Place Decor on Slanted Walls?

★★★★ Novice

Is it possible to place decor on slanted walls, and if so, how? I've Googled this, but so far haven't seen this particular issue brought up. Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chrissyhorn By slanted walls do you mean diagonal walls? Can you please provide a screenshot? You can place decor on diagonal walls, but I'm assuming this isn't what you mean.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 10 (1,268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi SheirGR,

Correct - not diagonal, but slanted. Please see the attached screenshot.

Message 3 of 10 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chrissyhorn So is that roofing then? I don't use Mods myself, but I actually heard a Mod mentioned twice in the last week, and once in relation to a question I had about placing items at non-vertical or non-horizontal angles, or flipping their orientation. I can offer no advice on this and haven't used it, but you may want to check out a Mod called T.O.O.L. from TwistedMexi. (If you want to place items at an angle.)

Message 4 of 10 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Yes, this is roofing. The wall on the inside is straight, but a sloped/slanted roof was added on the outside for a pyramid effect. I didn't build this myself; it was a download from the Gallery (called Egyptian Cocktails by CamilleValentine). Her description doesn't mention if mods were used or not. However, I do not have any mods at all downloaded to my computer. So if she did use them, not sure if they'd even work on my box. Thanks!
Message 5 of 10 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chrissyhorn Did the items not place correctly? The person I asked about this issue (and I respect) does recommend that you place her lot with MOO on. If yours didn't place correctly you may want to enable MOO and try placing the lot again. I didn't enable MOO when placing the person's home I'm referring to (that mentioned the Mod when I inquired) and as far as I saw the items all seemed to place okay... but it may help if you had any issue. 

Please see correction below. Sorry for any confusion.

Message 6 of 10 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did have MOO on when I placed the build, and everything placed correctly. It did not come with decor attached to the slanted roofing on the outside of the building. I just wanted to add some to dress it up a bit (such as an item that looked like a relief sculpture). Any decor I try to add simply passes through the roof, and will attach itself to a straight wall on the inside. Using TestingCheats and MOO, I am able to raise a decor item to the correct height and enlarge it, and I can also set it in place. However, it just "floats" in the air right if front of the slanted wall. I believe its places itself where the wall would actually be if it were straight. So it sounds like that this is not possible, unless a build comes with a mod, and items were already placed that way...?

Message 7 of 10 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chrissyhorn
This is exactly the way I would anticipate your efforts would go at placing decor items on a roofing piece with moo. If items are placed at an angle in the house already (on the roofing) I would guess it was using a method like the mod. If they are not placed on the roof at an angle it's because it's a roof. If there are not items placed at an angle I would assume there was no Mod used to place them. Sorry if that was confusing. Household or wall decor items are not made/designed to place correctly on a roof, not even with moo.

You may want to go through the roof decoration items in build mode and see what you like there that may look nice on this faux wall (roof) area. 

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that anything you place via moo on the side of that roof piece may stay hanging there when the roof is down/not showing, which can look odd for most items (to just be randomly floating in the air). This happens normally with some items (the air vent for the wall, for example, and some lights) but it's good to test with the walls/roof down to see if you will have any oddly hanging items left there - if that will be bothersome to you during play. That's your choice and discretion call, of course, especially if you're just making it for your own game. I would also expect that if you used the mod you would still have the same 'floating' issues as you would when placing regular decor items with moo when placing them on a roof piece - at an angle or not. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thank you so much for all of your time and help with this. I appreciate it!
Message 9 of 10 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@chrissyhorn  My pleasure... Any time. 😊 Have fun with your new home! 🏠

Message 10 of 10 (1,111 Views)