Re: Phantom Restaurant Invitations

by Karababy52

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Karababy52 There is a bug thread that may be a match to some of the behavior you are facing - or at least part of why this is happening? Please check it out and read through the responses. If you think it is relevant to your situation you can click 'me too' on the original post, plus add a comment about your situation. All of this, along with information about your situation (you could link to this thread and add info about your experience), helps them confirm/identify if it is a bug and details about how it is manifesting. All of this helps them figure it out and prioritize. Thanks! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Empty-residential-lot-as-location-for-date/m-p/644...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 18 (878 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @SheriGR I've posted on that thread with a link to this one and have clicked on 'Me Too.' I'll wait for a solution now before doing anything else at the moment. Happy Simming! Heart

Message 12 of 18 (863 Views)

Champion

@Karababy52 Glad to hear it! Please let us know if anything changes. Thank you! Fingers crossed

Message 13 of 18 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I finally broke down and placed a restaurant in my game on patch day. It's on the lot across from Garden Essence or BFFs in Willow Creek. Since doing that, all invitations for meals name this restaurant. I should've done this before when it was suggested I guess. o.O I don't know if the problem is completely fixed though. I shouldn't be required to have a restaurant in my game just because I have Dine Out and had one previously.Perhaps the patch fixed the issue? I have no idea.

Anyway, I have a new 'problem' now since the patch. I do not own Get Famous, yet my entire Sim's meal, three courses for himself and his fiance, a bill of over 300 simoleons was free because he was told, "Don't worry about the bill, a star like you shouldn't have to pay!" or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact wording. lol Now, this is a bug/glitch I seriously don't mind at all. Even though my Sim it happened to does have a hefty amount in household funds and could afford the bill no problem. So weird! Oh and if you're wondering if he happens to be my Hero of StrangerVille, he isn't. Completely different save, different Sim. In fact he's only been there once to buy a bizarre fruit seed from Erwin at his stall.

Message 14 of 18 (801 Views)

Champion

@Karababy52 
We have found a couple of threads that seem to show the same issue. This one is a thread discussing it:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/951063/is-this-new-didnt-have-to-pay-at-a-restaurant

...And this one is a bug thread. Perhaps if it seems accurate to you for the issue you are seeing you could 'me too' the thread and add your information, as this is very helpful both for troubleshooting and for bringing the issue higher on the radar/priority list for confirming as a bug and addressing with a repair:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-quot-Free-quot-restaurant-bills-for-non-celebrity-Sims...

Message 15 of 18 (791 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @SheriGR for the links! I've pressed 'Me Too' on the second one and I'm headed back there now to add a reply with some screenshots. It seems this has been a problem for awhile, but I just noticed it since I haven't had a restaurant in my game for a very long time. Thanks again!

Message 16 of 18 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I spoke too soon. I'm getting requests again to go out to eat on lots that are empty instead of the real restaurant I placed in the game. At first I thought it was lots that previously had a restaurant on them, but it seems in reality it's entirely random. *sigh* 

Message 17 of 18 (764 Views)

Champion

@Karababy52 Have you tried:

1. Bulldozing the lot and terrain on each of the lots you added this 'empty' lot to...
  2. Immediately downloading to the lot a residence from your library and saving it... 

Do those two things for each of those lots... then after they are all filled to the repair and cache thing again:

• running the repair and removing the localthumbcache.package file, etc. as before.

It may be worth a try to see if this sort of flushes the old info from the lots because they now have new info to 'own'? Perhaps it would be good to make sure that each town has one restaurant, also? The onset of this behavior not beginning with your initial use of Dine Out may have been behavior that came with a patch or something else the changed in your game. It's hard to say, code conflicts can be incredibly challenging to track down sometimes, and can occasionally behave in a way that is not typical if someone has a 'perfect storm' of factors that just happened to set something off. Sorry this is being so stubborn in your case. I will post this within our helper chat room and see if I can get some additional ideas and feedback. I will let you know what I find out.

Message 18 of 18 (755 Views)