Re: People Misuse the Spark'd Challenge

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Champion

@SqueamishNerd , I would think that the problem is so rampant that it would be a full time effort Disappointed for you or someone else  to report all of the illegitimate entries and then it would take just as long or longer for EA/Maxis to go through all the reports.Raised eyebrow  But then again they have to go through all the entries anyway (unless they just go through the top voted ones Wondering )  But I would expect these false entries to continue if there aren't any real repercussions to not following the rules. Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 32 (427 Views)

Re: People submitting random trash to the spark'd challenge tags

★★★★ Apprentice
I think it is sometimes hard to follow the rules in some cases. For example I had a hard time remembering what tags to use, and that I even did have to label the category somehow (just writing in the description? tagging it? who knows?). I think they could have done a little better at organizing it is all I'm saying to make it a little more clear.

For example, click the link (in game) for the spark'd challenge, then have a dropdown or clickable box/quiz for what you are going to create, and then the game brings you into the build-mode or create a sim from there. It could have been done like an (optional?) update at the beginning and end of the challenge that enables the extra category for the challenge. Just an idea!
Message 22 of 32 (416 Views)

Feedback on Spark'D Challenge Gallery Uploads

★★★★ Novice

The rules are simple and clear for the Golden Age Challenge.

People are uploading young  'Cute Guys, Base Game Sims, Black Models young Pets' and many other variations that do not meet the challenge criteria.

Some are using custom thumbnails.

They are clogging up the legitimate entries.

And worst of all, players are voting for them, 

Some are lovely creations but please, can't they just be stripped of the contest hashtag and moved to the regular gallery instead of clogging up the entries lists?

Please just fix it so it is not such a tedious job sort through these for legitimate entries for which a person might like to vote, And I mean fix for both EA to remove and for players to quit voting for entries they know don't belong in that part of the Gallery.  Those who know they have incorrect uploads could remove them and upload them again into the regular gallery and help EA sort this mess out.

Message 23 of 32 (438 Views)

Re: Feedback on Spark'D Challenge Gallery Uploads

Champion

@Elstone001 , I totally agree with you!😥🙄  Even though none of these bogus entries will be counted , they still make it more difficult for the final judging.  It is also more difficult for those who want to download other people's legitimate entries.  I had this problem last time.  I wanted to download cute wedding parties or interesting wedding couples, but it was so difficult to weed through all the bogus entries that I gave up!  Same goes for the wedding venues! 
And this time is seems even worse! Disappointed

Here is the link to the thread that was started for the last challenge https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/People-Misuse-the-Spark-d-Challenge/m-p/933058...
As you can see, a lot of people agree with you! 😊

Message 24 of 32 (425 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Thanks for the Link. I figured since the problem did not get fixed since the last Challenge, it was worth mentioining again as something ongoing and highly annoying. It penalizes legitimate entries that may be overlooked because they drop so far to the bottom of the list and people get tired of scrolling down past all the bogus entries to even see them and consider if they are worth making a favorite or downloading.
Message 25 of 32 (404 Views)

Champion

@Elstone001 , yes, I agree.  It is tedious and because of that people will get tired before they see hardly any real entries. Disappointed It is a real problem! Devil

Message 26 of 32 (399 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I hope they will make an effort to deal with this soon. It really is not fair to the entries that made an effort to follow the rules to have them penalized by the flood of bogus entries..
Message 27 of 32 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Since the Spark'd challenge gallery-tab is filled with things not following the rules I figured that if anyone of you want to share links to your entries in this thread just go ahead! I can't find anything in the Spark'd rules saying that it's prohibited to share it on other places than the gallery, and I can't find any rules saying that I can't post gallery-links in this forum.

Here's my entry if someone is interested:

The bodybuilder Millicent Stark!

https://www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/73AA5211F9BE11EA8A9E8433072D7551

MillicentStark1.pngMillicentStark4.png

Message 28 of 32 (325 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'll have a look after looks really good but does it use anything from cats and dogs or my first pet stuff because I haven't got those packs yet.

Message 29 of 32 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Rachelharris31Nope, nothing from Cats & Dogs or My First Pet Stuff.

Just Luxury Party Stuff, Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Island Living and Discover University.

Message 30 of 32 (311 Views)