Re: Pc or Mac

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Pc or Mac

★★ Novice

I need opinions please? 

I’m not sure whether to buy a PC/ Laptop or a macbook? I would only be using it for day to day uses and to play Sims 4? I just want to make sure I’m buying the right one

Message 1 of 8 (439 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Personally windows over apple any time. But it is definitely personal preference.

Message 2 of 8 (437 Views)

★ Pro

@shonasmithy  

If I were looking, it would be PC for Sims 4. I've always felt the game performs better in a Windows environment.

This is opinion only but you can take a look at the Mac Technical forum on this site to check out Mac specific bugs to see if that helps your decision. One of the things that really would push me towards PC is the game repair. On PC you right click in Origin and it repairs the base game and all packs you might have installed, whereas on a Mac, it only repairs base game with additional steps necessary to repair packs, if a base game repair doesn't clear an issue. That's just not something I, personally, want to deal with but might not bother you.

Message 3 of 8 (406 Views)

★★ Novice
@Coley666 Thank you 😊
Message 4 of 8 (399 Views)

★★ Novice
@dolldrms1 Thanks that helps a lot! I’ve had the same windows laptop for about 7-8 years and it’s slowly starting to show. 😊
Message 5 of 8 (397 Views)

★ Pro

@shonasmithy  Glad my input helped Standard smile

Also think you've contributed to helping yourself via your response to me.  I think 7-8 years is a good amount of time to use a laptop before wanting to upgrade.  I think it demonstrates reliability and since you are already familiar with Windows might be the platform you'll be most comfortable with.  Whichever way you end up going, I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy the technology improvements.

Message 6 of 8 (376 Views)

@shonasmithy  The only reason to get a Mac for Sims 4 is if you definitely like Macs better, and I say that as someone who loves my Mac and its operating system.  A Mac will be more expensive for the same performance, although the gap has narrowed somewhat with the new M1 chips.  Some programs don't work as well, and many don't work at all, in macOS.  And if you're already familiar with Windows, you may not want to take the time to learn an unfamiliar operating system.

If you'd like help picking out a computer, now or later, feel free to ask here; just list your budget and country, as well as any other considerations that matter to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@shonasmithy I would recomend Microsoft windows. The price is defintley better.

Message 8 of 8 (355 Views)