Re: Pathfinding acting up completely since yesterday

by Beardedgeek72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pathfinding acting up completely since yesterday

★★★ Apprentice

The pathfinding is suddenly acting drunk. Along with the already reported "walking thru cabinets", my Sims suddenly can't bike, jog or walk their dog properly.

Case 1: Sim is "biking around" on the Island in Windenburg. Suddenly yesterday she starts biking into scenery, bounce (more like vibrate) in place for two seconds until the game teleports her thu the scenery. Happens 100% of the time since yesterday.

Case 2: Shady Sands, Strangerville: On the way FROM the house she tracks fine when jogging. When she comes down to the gated community gate and turns around, she stops and  either resets or just acts like she is done jogging. (This problem is not persistent, only happens 50% of the time).

Case 3: Walking the dog in Shady Sands: Same place... walking the dog down to the gate house? NO problem. Turning around? First the dog and owner stops every two feet and "stutter". Then the owner starts heading home normally but the dog gets teleported to the other end of the map, with  the leash still attached OR he falls thru the ground and walks home below the surface so you can't see him, only hear him. Either one of these happens 100% of the time.

I DO use MCCC.

I do NOT use any other mod.

Message 1 of 6 (914 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

I went all the way, I Uninstalled the game completely including removing the folder in Documents.

Now it is clearly better, at least in Windenburg.

Going to start over, but let's hope it doesn't happen again.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (797 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Beardedgeek72

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If I understood correctly, the game worked correctly until yesterday, and these errors happened unexpectedly. Have you installed any new program at that time?
In addition, check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and that you have the latest Windows updates.
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, this did not help I repaired the game and removed everything in the Sims folders with "cache" in the file / folder names.

As you can see on the picture from Shady Sands that does not help.

Edit: Things has gone down hill for awhile. I have had an issue in University where one of the stairs down to the statue on the main field causes a T-pose and reset if the sim walks down it about 50% of the time. That issue has been there a month, real time. It seems logical to me this is the same issue; something is just broken in the game in general. So it has been going on longer than just two days.

Message 3 of 6 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did a test, started a vanilla game.

Biking in the same area does not cause a lockup BUT heading from the south to the north the pathfining just stops and the Sim goes absolutely straight, thru mountans even (see picture)

Edit: after posting about my problems on other forum as well, it seems a lot of people have had severe pathfinding issues since University came out. It clearly seems, to me, like someone screwed up the pathfinding when bikes were implemented, and it does not only screw with bikes but walking and running as well.

Message 4 of 6 (851 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Beardedgeek72

The problem is that not everyone has this error. It's not in my game. The question is what is the difference between mine and your computer? It can be anything - a different graphics card, other programs running in the background or not the same version of the Win10 system. It is very difficult to find the cause of an error if it does not occur for all players.
Message 5 of 6 (815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I went all the way, I Uninstalled the game completely including removing the folder in Documents.

Now it is clearly better, at least in Windenburg.

Going to start over, but let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Message 6 of 6 (798 Views)