Patchy/other sims are harvesting my gardens. Is this normal?

by SweetPickles1220

Original Post

Patchy/other sims are harvesting my gardens. Is this normal?

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kids stuff, pet stuff, and a couple others I do not know.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a garden with either Patchy or other sim guests invited to tend the garden on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Guests and Patchy tending gardens also harvest them.
What do you expect to see? No money was gained when Patchy or other sims harvest gardens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch.

Most relevant details are provided by the survey. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 7 (5,207 Views)

Re: Patchy/other sims are harvesting my gardens. Is this normal?

Hero
@SweetPickles1220 Could have to do with a NAP or your mods.

Does it happen without mods ? Do you have any Gardening NAPs happening in any of your neighborhoods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (5,165 Views)

★★★ Guide

The Self-Sufficiency NAP causes visitors to raid your garden, as well as stress you out making de-stressing concoctions.  The actual Gardening NAP seems relatively harmless.  Club members will also raid your garden if gardening is an approved club activity (although I doubt Patchy is in a club).

Message 3 of 7 (5,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do indeed have the self sufficiency NAP.  I will have to not invite my future baby daddies (100 baby challenge) to another lot or not to help with the garden.....and put Patchy in storage..that cheeky monkey.  TUVM

Message 4 of 7 (5,099 Views)

Hero
@SweetPickles1220 Going to move this to Game Discussion as it seems it's related to NAPs.

Gardening doesn't seem to be one of the main obsessive issues so I'm going to leave this in GD for now.

The main bug is this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (5,014 Views)

★★ Novice

patchy is harvesting all my produce, how do I get it back?

Message 6 of 7 (3,975 Views)

★★ Guide
@jantined87 Check your household inventory in build/buy mode. Anything Patchy harvests ends up there.

If you want the harvestables in your sim's inventory instead, you'll have to drag them out of the household inventory one by one in build mode, then go into live mode and drag them into your sim's inventory one by one.

I spend half of the time I USED to be able to spend actually playing dragging harvestables now, since Patchy automatically harvests everything. It's a nightmare.

Happy simming... :/
Message 7 of 7 (3,479 Views)