Original Post

Accepted Solution

Party aspiration not working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game, stuff and expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play party aspiration until you get to tier 4. Once you reach 4 parties then the parties don't show correctly anymore and stop counting towards your completion. By not showing correctly I mean that there is no goals that shows, just a small white line with the party timer.
What happens when the bug occurs? The party goals don't show, just the name and timer, once party is completed and timer runs out then it does not count towards aspiration and you don't get a gold or whatever for it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the party counting towards my aspiration goal and for the party goals to show up during the party.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My party aspiration stopped working on Tier 4 the last tier.

My saves folder https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwsoippbl9si10j/saves.zip/file

Message 1 of 6 (702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Party aspiration not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mcrudd Did you make sure goaled events are checked ? Don't think ungoaled events count for the aspiration. 

Please use either google driver or one drive to send saves to QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (635 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mcrudd Did you make sure goaled events are checked ? Don't think ungoaled events count for the aspiration. 

Please use either google driver or one drive to send saves to QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (636 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Oh my goodness, I had no idea I had to tick the party, did not tick any of the others. Thanks once again for coming to my rescue @crinrict Standard smile Happy simming Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (615 Views)

Hero
@mcrudd It's a bit odd that the default if they are ticked or not seems to change for some people. For me, they are checked by default

I wonder if trying to throw a party while a holiday is going on is flipping the default to goaled events being off.

Moved this to GD.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (607 Views)

★ Guide

Yes it might have something to do with the holidays. I play the loooooong seasons since I am doing an aging off challenge, and it was just as my season changed that the problems started and also it was the Lotto draw too. All the previous party's were unticked and it worked, that is why I was not aware it needed to be ticked, but then once it reached 4/15 on the last tier of the aspiration it stopped counting and there were no party goals to achieve.

Message 5 of 6 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mcrudd I think they were probably ticked by default (like it's happening on a fresh game) and then got unticked when you tried to do a party on the same day as a holiday (if a holiday is going on, you can't have a party with goals at the same time) and after that stayed unticked by default.

Need to test that though as I'm curious.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (527 Views)