Re: Paranormal investigator gig pay not increasing

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Paranormal investigator gig pay not increasing

★★★★★ Novice

Just wondering if anyone else is encountering this, I've googled to see if I could find a similar issue and came up empty handed. I've gone up to level 3 and the gigs are still sitting at 750, 1500 and 3000. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

OH I found the confusion. When you accept a gig it always says that base pay, but in your actual job tab where it shows the performance meter there's another "gig payout" portion that reflects the amount + your raise. GOT IT! XD So by level 3 its 3300 for the hardest one. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,139 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@PandaC8718 I don't think they increase. That's the set gig price you get cause there's only these 3. For freelancer and actor you get more gigs as you go along but the entry ones still pay as much as they did in the beginning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm sure I saw a little popup blurb notification saying about it increasing a certain amount per hour. I'll have to see if I see it again when I hit next level and if I do nab a screen shot. 

I'm pretty sure all the freelance gigs get pay increases after the first award. Cause I've done the photography one a couple times. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,149 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OH I found the confusion. When you accept a gig it always says that base pay, but in your actual job tab where it shows the performance meter there's another "gig payout" portion that reflects the amount + your raise. GOT IT! XD So by level 3 its 3300 for the hardest one. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,140 Views)

Hero
@PandaC8718 I never noticed it increasing but I guess I haven't played enough or just didn't pay attention to what they actually got.

Is this the same way for freelancer ? I always just check what it pays when you pick and not what you actually get.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The only ones I've played through enough to raise levels is photography and now this, and yea you definitely got raises. But I guess it's never really reflected when you choose the gig, but when you're choosing the gig for other freelance jobs there's so many I never really noticed, but with the investigator there's only 3 so it's hard not to notice. 

So I think once the gig is chosen the number is then changed and reflected in the gig pay portion. But again I was never really paying that much attention. I was just like, is sim getting paid cool cool cool lol

Message 6 of 10 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Guide

I’m seeing the correct amount in”gig payout” but when I’m done with the gig I’m only getting paid the base rate. So far I’ve always traveled along, though. Haven’t tested sending my sim alone yet.

Message 7 of 10 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If you max out a freelancer career, you usually get a reward and a pay raise for new gigs.  When my sim maxed the paranomal investigator, which he has done twice so far, he did get a cash bonus and when he books gigs he shows as being owed 1,600 for an adept gig (vs the 1,500 it was before he maxed it) and 3,200 for an expert gig (vs the 3,000 which is the standard rate before maxing it); he's not .  However, as others have commented here, he only gets the original amount paid to him (1,500 for adept and 3,000 for expert, I've not tried any easy gigs) when he completes the gigs which to me seems like something that needs to be fixed, since what you are paid doesn't match what the gig says you will get.  I do always go with my sims to the gigs, but the sim should get specified amount paid even if you go with them. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Version PC: 1.73.57.1030

Message 8 of 10 (945 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer I too am having the same issue. If anyone has found a fix for it, please let us know! Standard smile
Message 9 of 10 (867 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MapleSimmer Wow, I opened a new thread about it...I'm also having the same problem! I'm already on the third increase in my career as a paranormal investigator, that is, when he chooses the 3000 job, he has to pay with the "3300" raise, however, only the standard amount is paid. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-Paranormal-Investigator-Didn-t-receive-extra-pay-amount/m-...
Message 10 of 10 (768 Views)