Re: Paid Simcash by Accident

by SplendidBetta

Original Post

Paid Simcash by Accident

★★★ Novice
I went to use my sims bed earlier and the only option that showed was to rush the option using SimCash I’ve spent real money on. I accidentally clicked it - but it didn’t even ask me if I was sure. It just spent ~40 of my simcash immediately with no way to reverse it.

Is there any way I can get this reversed? I’m disappointed it didn’t even ask “Are you sure?” ...

EA support told me to come and post here.
Message 1 of 13 (2,993 Views)

I'm not sure. Best thing would be to contact an EA game advisor about this issue.
You can do that through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also choose to contact an EA game advisor through social media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 13 (2,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same issue with the bed the other day. It was frustrating as i had 500/515 simcash for my next sim and it set me back a bit. However today on the new hot tub event, I ended up spending 150 freaking simcash for some random ugly wall with a hole. I contacted support and all they could offer was 100simileons (lol...) I did spend $7 on the simcash. But will not be forced to spend another cent cuz of this. At this point I’ve just decided to avoid purchasing anymore EA games. Why is there not a confirm purchase option when spending simcash?? Especially when it’s 150!! Guess I have to sit on the forums and pray someone offers it back, Or I won’t spend another dent on EA and believe me, I’m embarrassed to say how much I spent on 2k coins
Message 3 of 13 (2,927 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well. There should be a are you sure button. I was saving my Simcash to buy a third sim and add new floors.

Message 4 of 13 (2,916 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Apple iPad and iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 7
OS Version: 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002984265573
How often does the bug occur? Rarely 
Steps: How can we find the bug? Accidentally click on anything asking for sim cash
What do you expect to see? A prompt asking if you are sure
Connection: Type Wifi
Please select your region: Caribbean 
Additional feedback: I also accidentally clicked on replenishing energy on the bed using sim cash instead of Woohoo and now I’m upset. 80+ simcash gone for 17 energy. I have a stash of cupcakes for that! Why no prompt asking if you are sure so people don’t accidentally use their hard earned sim cash? Or worse REAL world money used to purchase that sim cash. Especially when playing on small mobile devices where the items to click are so close together!

Message 5 of 13 (2,869 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you even got any feedback from EA on this? It's just happened to me as well (44 Simcash gone by accidentally rushing an event). No warning or conformation window, just 44 less cash. (player ID: 1003052464731)

Message 6 of 13 (2,714 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had the same problem.... had a land expansion going on and I accidentally clicked rush to finish with over 100 sim cash. I just spend $10 real money on this game. EA support was rude and told me to be more careful next time. that's ALL. Terrible customer service and EA will never receive another dime from me since they do not care about customer service.
Message 7 of 13 (2,588 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I spent 100+ simcash not because i accidentally clicked on the land expansion boost, but because i was fetching a sim who just finished the Halloween event and ended up in the middle of the sea (ocean? Lake?). I clicked on the pink check mark on its head and then the game hung for a little while, and when it resumed i noticed a check on my land expansion and my simcash drastically depleted (the pink tick was still on my sims head, but my sim was now in front of the house). So i emailed ea about it and they closed the case without emailing me. I submitted another email on it. I’m so pissed because it was a glitch that made simcash that i bought disappear AND I was saving for the hobby items!

Message 8 of 13 (2,561 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've spent at least 100 sim cash when accidently clicking the sim cash option when a suprising choice pops up. I never contacted ea about it since I feel like its my fault. I just try and be more careful when it pops up. 

Message 9 of 13 (2,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Got the same problem. I lost 218 simcash After accident clicking rush on an ongoing land expansion. contacted cust support about it and was told all they can do is to note my feedback. I’m pretty sure they had a lot of notes on this issue before me 🙄

Message 10 of 13 (1,492 Views)