Re: [PS4] Triplets

by The_R3aper007

Original Post

[PS4] Triplets

★ Novice

Hello,

Does anyone know, by any chance, how to increase chances of getting triplets on a console version (without cheat codes and DLCs, just a base game)? It seems more difficult to give birth to three babies on PS4 than on PC. Like, is there any information on RNG (for exmaple, 80% chance of getting single, 15% - twins and 5% - triplets)? 

Have Fertile trait on both parents but it doesn't help much, even after more than 20 births, I got singles and probably just couple twins. On PC version even when just 1 of my sim parents had a Fertile trait, this statistics was more fruitful.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13 (11,593 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @zomgkitten,

Fertile trait is the only way to influence the number of babies that I can remember for the base game. However, chances to get triplets should be the same than in PC. I guess you have 5 Sims or less in the household, right? If so, it seems you are just having bad luck, I'd say - keep trying! Standard smile

-Mai
Message 2 of 13 (11,567 Views)

★ Novice
You're correct, Mai I have 3 now, including a pregnant mom who is 3rd generation of this family.

Weird. It really feels like it's harder to get even twins let alone triplets on a console. Had twins the 1st try on PC with Fertile trait. lol Oh well, guess, I have not got much choice Standard smile

Thanks for a reply.
Message 3 of 13 (11,551 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried for 16 hours yesterday, the entire day, and still no triplets. I guess EA wants you to fork out another $35 for the City Living expansion, or otherwise be locked out behind a paywall (AGAIN) in order to get Triplets and the associated achivement/trophy. Plenty of people over console message boards/forums have reported similar experiences where the possibility of getting triplets is so miniscule and you just need to pray luck is somewhere there.

Message 4 of 13 (11,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @The_R3aper007,

What do you mean when you say you tried for 16h? Keep in mind saving the game just before the Sim gives birth, and then reloading the game at that point over and over is not going to change the number of babies. You would need to 'repeat' from the 'Go for a baby'.

I don't think I've seen other players reporting this, so please, feel free to share links (as long as the links respect Answers HQ rules: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534).

I can let the team know so they can look into this just in case - as I was telling zomgkitten, chances are the same than in PC base game, sadly, bugs can happen. In the meantime, I would keep trying. And by trying I don't mean having pregnancies and pregnancies... just keep playing Standard smile If it's just bad luck, you will get triplets sooner or later.

This is a bit like with baby gender - what's the chance of a woman having 6 boys in a row? Low, but still happens - you can have triplets as well Wink

-Mai

Message 5 of 13 (11,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai
Yes I'm well aware of the fact that reloading before birth doesn't change anything. So, what I did was setup a neighbourhood with 5 separate girls with Fertile trait in 5 separate homes alone and made a save here (Save1) I then had my main Fertile sim "Try for Baby" with all 5 of them, then made another Save (Save2) I did get twins here and there, but never triplets. I would reload Save1 and repeat all the above again, for 16 hours I did this, you read that right. The idea was if any of the girls had triplets, I would reload Save2, and move that girl into my main sim’s house and then have her give birth to the triplets, since, as you rightly pointed out, the number of babies is already determined after “try for baby”

This issue has been cropping out in other gaming message boards, and in particular Trophy/Achievement sites because of how this is entirely luck based and with extremely low possibility of getting triplets

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214128-the-sims-4/76097486
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214128-the-sims-4/76045267
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-sims-4-a/320974-triplets-trophy.html
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/55035-tripple-play-trophy/

Message 6 of 13 (11,492 Views)

Champion (Retired)
In the treads you link to there are three reports of triplets without anything special apart from the Fertile trait so it is possible. Though it can be hard.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 13 (11,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

As you have surmised, there's nothing you can do apart from getting the Fertile trait. After that, the results are entirely up to luck.

UPDATE: After the first day, I increased the number of potential mothers from the initial 5 to 8 with the same Fertile trait. I repeated the same steps again, and after another 8 hours, one of them finally produced triplets. I proceeded to load Save 2 and play as the mother was going to give birth to the triplets, and voila.

Message 8 of 13 (11,455 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @The_R3aper007,

Glad to read you finally got triplets! Enjoy the big family, and good luck with raising 3 kids at the same time! :D

-Mai
Message 9 of 13 (11,385 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mai I’m trying for the Triplets Trophy too and thought I’d experiment so I made 2 saves, the first one I saved just before getting pregnant and the second one was just before she gave birth, the first birth was a single boy so I reloaded to the second save and the I put the On the Ley Lines lot trait on and she had twins, so that influences multiple births after they’re conceived 😊 I was wondering though does that lot trait only increase chances of twins? Or can it give you triplets too? Thanks
Message 10 of 13 (11,132 Views)