Re: Sims 4 Text Size PS4

by faeriebearie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS/XB] No UI Scaling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi I have the sims 4 console for Xbox one and am wondering if there is a way to change the uiscale. I posted this question on a different site but someone sugessted that I tried here. I would love any info on this matter. Thank you!

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Adjusted Title, added tags.

Merged posts into this thread included 17 "Me Too" clicks.

Message 1 of 50 (14,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 screen to big

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

@bresteele, while some players do it on PC, this is not an option on the game itself. But I do understand what you meant now.

As explained by @vyvexthorne, there's not an option to change the scale of the interface. What I can and will do is send this as feedback for the team so they know there's an interest on this feature. Could you let us know how's your monitor and which console are you using (model)?

Thanks!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 5 of 50 (15,745 Views)

All Replies

Re: Uiscale for sims 4 console?

EA app Team

Hi @bresteele,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do, but could you check if this helps?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-screen-to-big/m-p/6428153/highlight/true#...

If not, please, any more details of what's the problem might help us understand Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 50 (14,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Unfortunately there is currently no way to control the scale of the UI. You can adjust it to fit your screen but it doesn't change how big or small it is.. I've seen this topic on the reddit forums as well. It seems to be a trend in games recently where they seem to believe everyone has a very large t.v. or sits only an inch away from the t.v. screen. I have a 40 inch t.v. and sit about 10 feet away from it.. I've had a lot of trouble in some games just reading subtitles. The sims 4 is ok for me (I sometimes have trouble reading what time it is.) but I could easily see how troublesome it could be on a smaller t.v. set.  A slider that controlled some of the UI elements to make them larger would definitely help. Maybe just something that toggled a larger font.

Message 3 of 50 (14,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have adjusted the margins to fit the tv, my problem is exactly what vyvexthorne said. My tv is on the smaller side and trying to read any of the notifications or the time is impossible. I know that on the pc version you can change the uiscale so it is easier to read and is pretty much like a game zoom. It would be great if sims console has it too. I know other games for Xbox have this feature and it would be great if you did as well.
Message 4 of 50 (14,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

@bresteele, while some players do it on PC, this is not an option on the game itself. But I do understand what you meant now.

As explained by @vyvexthorne, there's not an option to change the scale of the interface. What I can and will do is send this as feedback for the team so they know there's an interest on this feature. Could you let us know how's your monitor and which console are you using (model)?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 5 of 50 (15,746 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I switch between two screens one is my tv. Panasonic flat screen and the other is asus 23.6" FHD 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming monitor which I use more often now. But it is also that I am not sitting really close to the screen that contributes to not being able to see it well. The setup in my room doesn't allow it but this is not a problem for the computer version due to the fact that the Uiscale can be changed. My console is the Xbox 1.
Thank you for the response.
Message 6 of 50 (13,988 Views)

Sims 4 creen size issues on ps4

★★★ Newbie
My UI size is too small. I know Playstation has no in game setting, and I know I can adjust my display area settings in the ps4’s settings. It doesn’t work. The safe area brackets are in the corners perfectly and the Sims 4 size is still off.
Message 7 of 50 (4,558 Views)

Sims 4 Text Size PS4

★★★ Newbie
The text size in Sims 4 for PS4 is to small to read and there is no way to increase this which is incredibly annoying. Please provide a fix or I would like a refund
Message 8 of 50 (8,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

A major problem with a lot of games these days. They expect everyone to have a massive t.v. because of 4k. If you have a t.v. that's under 40 inches and sit more than 2 feet away, expect to have a large problem reading the text for a great many games. Santa brought me a massive t.v. just because of this exact problem. I couldn't read the subtitles on a bunch of games and the problem just kept getting worse.  ( the goofy thing about Santa is for some reason he still needed to use my money to give me a t.v. .. such a cheapskate man.)

Message 9 of 50 (8,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was told to submit an inaccessibility report. Have you submitted one? Maybe it'll make a difference. I ended up with a severe migraine from sitting close to my tv to compensate for the size. My tv is 52" and maybe 7' away. Size shouldn't be an issue

Message 10 of 50 (8,806 Views)