PLEASE make a disable button for the ghost at the special venue

by 178458

Original Post

PLEASE make a disable button for the ghost at the special venue

★ Novice

I recently purchased The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack, but sadly I cannot because the haunted mansion goes against my beliefs, if you could add a way to disable the ghost it would be much appreciated I know that the EA team supports and respects people for who they're so please consider this I really want to enjoy this pack and build with the beautiful build mode items. But right now I have the pack disabled. Thanks for your efforts and I hope this reaches the team.

Message 1 of 8 (645 Views)

Re: PLEASE make a disable button for the ghost at the special venue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

You might be able to remove the "spooky" trait via bb.enablefreebuild. 

You might also, if you're not on console, be able to find a mod to disable ghosts. MC Command Center has a setting that will let you remove homeless ghosts from your game.  You can also delete ghost "households" from manage worlds.

Message 2 of 8 (607 Views)

★★★ Pro

If you want mod it bienchen(google Bienchens Mods) has mods too for ghosts : Get Together -> nochaletgardenghost and for the ghost problem generally Misc -> noghostfix (Pets -> Cats&Dogs -> noghostpets) I use many from her mods and never encounter again ghost. Her mods are all no script mods. So, you cannot corrupt your game with it.  Something is wrong? Just remove the mod without issues. Package mods generally safe and don’t corrupt your game. Scripts Mods most the time too but its more hassle and if something goes wrong it goes really wrong. (I use over 1500 gameplay mods, 150 are script mods. I never had a corrupt game/save with it. I don’t use MCC because I don’t need storyprogression and some modules are not compatible with bienchens mods)

The Team love ghosts. You have ghost encounter in Outdoor, GetTogehter, CityLiving, Cats and Dogs, University, fake Ghost in RoM. Best bet is you use Mods for.

Message 3 of 8 (577 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, thanks for replying will this Mod definitely remove the ghost from the Von Haunts Mansion for the Get Together Pack? Also, I've never uses Mods and want to make sure it's completely safe to use is their a way to ensure it won't ruin my PC? And I don't have any problems with ghost with any of my other packs because I turned off aging. I'm just having trouble with the Get Together pack because it's a special venue that was programmed into the game.

Message 4 of 8 (534 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, how do I access the MC Commands Center? I'm pretty new to The Sims still. And is it safe to use? Also, I don't know if this would work being that it's a special venue and the Dev's programmed it specially for the pack. I'm hoping someone from the EA team sees this and makes it a possible option in the future.

Message 5 of 8 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Mod from bienchen is very safe. She take good care of her mods.

Just enable mods in game (Game Option -> Enable Costum Content and Mods) and drag the sims4me_nochaletgardenghosts.package in your mod folder. Resource.cfg is there too, just let it alone. The game needs this file. (C:\Users\*YourName*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods)

The plus from this mod is that this mod normally not need to update after patches and only disable the Chalet Gardens ghost couple(MCM is very big and does much more!). If you have questions bienchen answer frequently in her comments + questions section. She is truly a nice person.

Don’t forget to delete the files avatarcache.package and localthumbcache.package if you add and remove mods.(C:\Users\*YourName*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\)

Crinrict have here (https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/)  a tutorial why you should do this.

Message 6 of 8 (523 Views)

★★★★ Expert

MC Command Center is a mod that's listed in the Hero-Approved mods post here.  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/9836185#...

MC Command Center is safe in that it's a legitimate mod that won't cause computer problems, but any mod might stop working or make your game do weird things if it's not up to date with the latest patch.  It has tons of options, though, and might be overkill for what you're asking.  You might want to use the Bienchen's mod instead.

Message 7 of 8 (502 Views)

★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Thanks, how do I get the Bienchen's Mod? I might need it for back up if the other suggestions don't work.
Message 8 of 8 (465 Views)