Re: PLEASE HELP - MY SIM IS TRAPPED AS A GHOST

by jyr_2005

Original Post

Please Help - My Sim Is Trapped As A Ghost

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi guys, can anyone help me please with a cheat or something quick. My sim died and became a ghost after overcharging her magic, I've tried everything to bring her back, Ambrosia 5 times, she jumps into the air and then... nothing. The wishing well, cheated so it's always overwhelmingly positive, bring to life, she jumps into the air, I get a notification that she's alive 5 fingers etc, but no, still a ghost. It says Ghastly Consiquences in her thing. She's been a ghost for a long time now. WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP? 

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 5 (3,837 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@johnjjst 

Sadly it has been reported that ambrosia has not been working.
Failure of the immortality potion can result with your Sim getting this trait.
Ghastly Consequences is cited to be the result of should go away on it's own but I have seen comments that it does not.
Based on what I have found there is a cheat to add this trait so the cheat to remove it should work.
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Cauldron_Potion_Immortality_Failure
traits.remove_trait trait_Ghost_Cauldron_Potion_Immortality_Failure
Disclaimer:
Use caution when using any cheat. Save your game before using cheats.

Sources:
https://twistedmexi.com/Cheats/

Ambrosia Not Working at All
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Ambrosia-Not-Working-At-All/td-p/7183408
Compiled list of Reported Issues
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M10362...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 5 (3,803 Views)

★ Novice

I solved this problem by simply giving them another immortality potion. Fixed the problem for me 

Message 3 of 5 (3,626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EuphorialQueen The cheat code did work to make a sim "live" again. She wasn't as pretty as a ghost.
Message 4 of 5 (1,569 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @missmeggan,

Please keep an eye on the dates when replying to a thread, as this one is quite old.

I'll be locking this thread to avoid additional necroposting, but feel free to create a new topic if there's an issue you'd like to discuss that doesn't have a more recent thread, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,546 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help