Re: PC content patch update on Origin September 15, 2020?

by crinrict

Original Post

PC content patch update on Origin September 15, 2020?

★ Guide

Was there a content patch update on Origin, yesterday, September 15, 2020? (Windows 10 PC.)

I had the notice on the top of my origin when I exited my game and nothing happened after I hit the refresh button. Also not sure what was being updated if there was and update.

Message 1 of 7 (421 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wholesome_Goth Best guess is that it has to do with the re-branding of origin. Sims 3 seems to have had a similar update.

There wasn't a patch

Nothing to worry about

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (399 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Wholesome_Goth Yeah I had to update Origin yesterday but not a Sims 4 game patch. Lol it's still early morning for me and the title on this thread almost gave me a heart attack! xD

Message 3 of 7 (385 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Yeah sorry about that. Struggled to figure out how best to title the post and I think it was 2 or 3 AM when I decided to post. Didn't know where else to post my question since I had no idea what supposedly was updated.

My Origin just updated a couple days ago...maybe tied into that? 🤔
Message 4 of 7 (365 Views)

Hero

@Wholesome_Goth 

I run on a Win10 PC and see those messages too when I shut down my game.  Hitting refresh doesn't usually work for an Origin update for me.  Even if you exit Origin, it still runs in the background so it will take shutting down the program entirely.  Whenever Origin is running, I have an icon on my taskbar on the right side at the bottom that will shut down Origin completely. Just hit the exit option there.  You can also use Task Manager to do it.  But whenever I see I have an Origin update, I just wait until the next day when I start my computer and it just updates when I start Origin, then I go on to play my game.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7 (355 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Wholesome_Goth Lol yeah the last thing you want to see at 3 a.m. is some mysterious update message O_o

My Origin updated yesterday and like Crin already mentioned, I think it had something to do with the new EA Desktop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/FAQ-EA-Desktop-Beta/td-p/9090992

I haven't downloaded the new Desktop though I did admire EA_Tom's clever editing of the Lion King song lyrics. No worries about the heart attack, as soon as the caffeine started kicking in I felt much better.

Message 6 of 7 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RandomBuzzinessI had the notice of the option to sign up for the Beta Testing, yesterday morning I think it was, but I ignored it and went right to playing my game.

Message 7 of 7 (330 Views)