by nnz00

Original Post

Overwriting NPC Sim custom outfits

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I would assume just by playing. I haven't seen this problem anywhere else though so.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dorm roommates outfits are auto edited. I edit all the sims in my current player sims dorm by going into CAS and creating outfits for them. Several hours later I see the sims that I have already edited in strange outfits I did not pick. I go back into CAS and in the everyday outfit section there are 4 outfits I did not design in there. If I put an outfit in all 5 slots several hours later the same thing will happen, I go into CAS and the outfits I made (besides the first one) are replaced with randomized outfits. As far as I know this only effects other sims that are not in my current household.
What do you expect to see? The sims wearing the outfits I picked and not random outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last patch on 11/12/19

This only started happening after the University update. I'm not sure if this problem is sequestered to dorm roommates, roommates in general or all npc sims. I have removed all mods and the problem is still happening.

Message 1 of 7 (1,547 Views)

Re: Overwriting NPC Sim custom outfits

Hero
@SarahSomething did you delete your localthumbcache after removing mods ? Did you delete all the extra ones after removing and it generates new ones ?

Does it happen on a fresh save that never had any mods in as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,534 Views)

Re: [DU] Overwriting NPC Sim custom outfits

★★★ Pro

I don't know if you can check this but some roommates will randomly change outfits because they have the trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_BigCloset hidden trait.  Any outfits you set for them will get overwritten.

Message 3 of 7 (1,489 Views)

Re: [DU] Overwriting NPC Sim custom outfits

★★ Pro

There's also new walkby situation outfits that came with Discover University that could be causing this to happen too.

Message 4 of 7 (1,466 Views)

Hero
@SarahSomething Tagging to see the answers.

Does any of the suggestions apply to you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Hero
@SarahSomething Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ugh I'm so mad because my fashionable npc neighbors go back to their ugly mismatched outfit after i spent hours costumizing them

Message 7 of 7 (1,358 Views)