Re: Outfit Reverts to Everyday 1

by DarbiiRue

Original Post

Outfit Reverts to Everyday 1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi all, new to the Sims 4 as of yesterday and I bought a couple of expansions. I’m having an issue where my character’s outfit reverts back to Everyday 1, every time she leaves the house.

I do have a few mods installed, primarily MCCC and I have one for the ATM thing from LittleMsSam but I think that’s all.

I know others have had this problem stemming all the way back to 2014. Has there been a fix that anyone knows of? Is it a mod that causes this to happen?

Current Packs:

• Standard Base Game
  • Seasons
  • Cats & Dogs
  • Laundry
  • Parenthood
  • Dine Out
  • Outdoor Retreat

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: I have removed the mods, and it's still happening.
Message 1 of 6 (431 Views)

Hero

@DarbiiRue 

Chances are that it is Seasons causing it.  The outfits will change at times due to the temperature.  Look at the little thermometer at the center bottom and check your temp.

If one of your mods is MCCC, that does have some outfit control to it as well for certain events so you might check that too but as far as I know, it doesn't have anything to do with temperature related things.

Message 2 of 6 (386 Views)

★★★ Novice

@CGrant56 wrote:

@DarbiiRue 

Chances are that it is Seasons causing it.  The outfits will change at times due to the temperature.  Look at the little thermometer at the center bottom and check your temp.

If one of your mods is MCCC, that does have some outfit control to it as well for certain events so you might check that too but as far as I know, it doesn't have anything to do with temperature related things.

Thanks for your reply! However, I wish that were the case, but this seems to be a known issue. I've seen others mentioning it around the web, and after doing some research (seriously had to dig for this, it has taken hours) I've found people equating it to an issue with the Sleepwear. Basically, your character thinks that it can't go outside with it's outfit because it was previously in sleepwear. If you change the outfit twice, apparently this can fix the issue (once to Everyday 1, and then change it to whatever you want). However, I've not yet been able to try this.

Additionally, I've had this issue with and without mods.

Also, I've seen mentioned that they are supposed to change to random outfits when they get out of the shower for instance, and she doesn't, she only ever changes to Everyday 1.

Message 3 of 6 (380 Views)

Champion

@DarbiiRueand @CGrant56 , I've had this problem (or a similar one) with only the Child life stage.  Children in the game would only wear Everyday #1 to school , but teens would wear all of their everyday outfits.Raised eyebrow  This was helped by Seasons, because at least they would sometimes wear their cold and hot weather outfits to school.Standard smile  Ironically, on the weekends, the children would sometimes change into their other Everyday outfits after they bathed!  But no matter what, they would never wear their other Everyday outfits to school, even if I had them change out of them... they would just spin and change back! Disappointed Stubborn little tykes! Large smile

@DarbiiRue, does this happen to other households, or only one?  If it only happens to one household, have you tried to test this on Sims in another Save Game file?  Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (324 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PugLove888 wrote:

@DarbiiRueand @CGrant56 , I've had this problem (or a similar one) with only the Child life stage.  Children in the game would only wear Everyday #1 to school , but teens would wear all of their everyday outfits.Raised eyebrow  This was helped by Seasons, because at least they would sometimes wear their cold and hot weather outfits to school.Standard smile  Ironically, on the weekends, the children would sometimes change into their other Everyday outfits after they bathed!  But no matter what, they would never wear their other Everyday outfits to school, even if I had them change out of them... they would just spin and change back! Disappointed Stubborn little tykes! Large smile

@DarbiiRue, does this happen to other households, or only one?  If it only happens to one household, have you tried to test this on Sims in another Save Game file?  Wondering

So, it was primarily happening to one household. I ended up moving her from one town to the city and then it seems the issue has stopped, for now. My new family that I created doesn't seem to have the same issue (at least at the moment), as the mom goes to work as a doctor and she does change without issue into her uniform.

From what I can tell, it really does seem to be a bug that correlates back to the sleepwear. Because the sleepwear is programmed so that your character isn't walking around in their PJ's outside, it automagically changes you into Everyday 1. If you swap to Everyday 1, and then to whatever clothes you actually want to wear, the problem seems to resolve. It's like the game doesn't recognize that you're not in your pajamas anymore when you change into uniforms or other clothing first.

Message 5 of 6 (303 Views)

Champion

@DarbiiRuethanks for replying! Angel  Sometimes a household , lot, or individual Sim will glitch, leaving other households, lots, and Sims to be unaffected.  Though it is probably linked to the sleepwear bug, I wonder what caused this to happen only with the one household! Wondering  And perhaps this problem will be resolved when the patch comes out tomorrow.  We will have to see...

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)