Other Sims join conversation when your Sims are on date

by bae281995

Original Post

Other Sims join conversation when your Sims are on date

★★ Guide

This is very annoying. I don't want other Sims to join my Sims' conversation when they're on date. They don't even know them. I wish there will be an option to remove them from the conversation, or something.

Message 1 of 13 (4,000 Views)

Re: Other Sims join conversation when your Sims are on date

★ Apprentice

the amount of times i have to click "goodbye" on people who are talking to my sims is insane.

I almost  never go on a date to a restaurant because of this. It would be nice if people didn't come talk to us randomly, but we could initiate conversation ourselves if we wanted to.

Message 2 of 13 (3,967 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is a reason why when I have my sims go on dates, I just have it at my character's house. I only have the base game and can't do all that much on a date anyway, so don't see much reason to have my sims go out when they can keep things private.

Message 3 of 13 (3,961 Views)

★ Guide
@bae281995 I always take my Sims to Myshuno Meadows and date around 2am, unless my Sim is famous, I don't get interrupted much. Wink
Message 4 of 13 (3,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I HATE this.

I particularly hate that you're supposed to flirt with your date, etc., and it's instantly "Awkward Conversation" because Rando McRanderson has decided to join your date.  Like, [expletive] off, I'm on a date?  I don't want strangers sitting at my table judging me for flirting with my date? Sometimes your Sim or their date then flies into a jealous rage because they think the other party is flirting with Rando McRanderson, too.

I spend half of my dates canceling action "Chat with Date and Rando!" so they'll actually do their queued actions and wondering how badly it would ruin the date if Rando randomly died in front of them.

Message 5 of 13 (3,915 Views)

★★ Guide

Yup. It irks me a lot. 

Message 6 of 13 (3,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I agree. I get that sims are social but this is way too much and totally not realistic. Your sim doesn't even know the other sim(s)! I can understand if it is at a club or a bar, where being social is natural, but at a restaurant - no one goes up to a stranger's table and strikes up a conversation while they are eating! It's weird, even for the sims!

Message 7 of 13 (3,878 Views)

★ Guide
@bae281995 I hate this, it's so annoying. We play a lot bachelor type challenges and it's a constant problem. I finally just started making these townies pay by turning them into plant sims for 5 days, dropping every need to red or using the sim ray to freeze them until the date is over (which may or may not kill them... not sure I have aging off)

It's at least cathartic
Message 8 of 13 (3,838 Views)

Champion

This is a big problem and sims start mischief/romantic interactions with anyone, including child sims which is beyond creepy. It's worse with max charisma, mine uses "enchanting introduction" which starts a romantic relationship with randoms. She had Sims I hadn't even seen her speak to listed as romantic relationships. I had to locate them and select "ask just to be friends" or delete them in manage households.

Also moving away from randoms doesn't work now as my Sims keep running back to them. Even at a wedding, I had a Sim start chatting mid vows! I had to keep restarting the ceremony as she was exchanging vows with half the guests. I've taken them to the furthest point of the Von Haunt Estate on a date for them to run all the way back to the entrance to chat and I couldn't cancel it.

As for the Romance Festival...avoid everyone! Even family members are joining in, ugh, if you see your Sim's parents walk swiftly in the opposite direction and avoid eye contact!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 13 (3,790 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I too find it annoying.

Message 10 of 13 (3,756 Views)